The "New Toys" Thread

AxlxA said:
wow very nice set up there mgkdk. Very clean actually, no clutter and papers like my desk have. Good black tone of everything. What wheel is that btw?

Hehe, the thing you can't see is that just to the right of my mouse is a big pile of stuff I moved to get everything set up :p
The wheel is a logitech formula vibration feedback wheel (aka the cheapest one I could find that looked allright)

jeffy777 said:
^^ cool, right next to the fridge when you get a quick munchie attack :banana: I should get a setup like that!

:lol: It's a freezer

mgkdk said:
jeffy777 said:
^^ cool, right next to the fridge when you get a quick munchie attack :banana: I should get a setup like that!

:lol: It's a freezer

hey, better yet: ICE CREAM sandwhiches..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p

well i never posted in here so i'll just add some kind of recent new toys

http://img113.imageshack.**/img113/2504/cimg00198sn.jpg

PSP (screen cover looks dirty when it isn't on but when playing you don't notice it), Motorola RAZR and HS850, Shure E3C

not pictured, 4G 30gb ipod photo and the brand new camera i just took the pic with, a Casio Exilim EX-Z850

Shure E3c? Nice stuff :).
My Monolith MX-7000 2 GB mp3-player and Sennheiser cx-300 were shipped today from Scotland. I hope they will be waiting for me friday evening when I come back from Ghent :)

v1ct0r said:
well i never posted in here so i'll just add some kind of recent new toys

PSP (screen cover looks dirty when it isn't on but when playing you don't notice it), Motorola RAZR and HS850, Shure E3C

not pictured, 4G 30gb ipod photo and the brand new camera i just took the pic with, a Casio Exilim EX-Z850
Cool, how does it sound? and how much did you pay?
I have the Shure E4c myself ;)

http://img81.imageshack.**/img81/1065/cimg01910vf.jpg

I haven't got round to posting the things I bought recently, Motorola RAZR V3x, Sony T7, o2 xda IIs and logitech bluetooth headset.

NOTE: My other new toy, the casio exilim z750 was used to take a picture of this, I thought I would use my T7 to take it since the z750 is newer, but the t7 just matched everything else better in the picture :D

jensked said:
yeah how good are shure earphones? i'm tired of having to listen to earphones without all hearing all the frequenties

They are supposed to be quite the best on the consumer market together with Etymotic.
You pay a nice price for it too, off course...

the Shure E3C are nice, especially on the plane. Bass is a little lacking but not as bad as everyone says. I also mostly listen to rap so if i say it's lacking it's probably fine for everyone else. But on the plane, when you put the shures in, you can still hear the engine noise but very faint. You might think that they're not that helpful but once you take them off you realize how much noise is being blocked out. Also, when i use my ipod, i only turn the volume up to the point where you can barely see the colored bar. Lower volume, less damage to ears

I paid around 100 for them, but personally I wish i waited about a month for the E4C and paid an extra 70-80 bucks.

oh yeah nice V3x

god damn dudes, you all have a PSP?!?!?!

I HAVE NOTHING. Except I went to the doctor's today and was diagnoised with something COOLER THAN ANYTHING YOU GUYS WILL EVER GET!

(see if you can spot it)
hint: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=824&start=1100

http://img67.imageshack.**/img67/9690/newtoys0oj.jpg

eVGA Geforce 7600gt 256mb
MSI Mobo
AMD Opteron 146
2x NEC 3550A dvd burners
Zalman CPU Cooler(upgrading my brother's computer with these)
Maxim 100th issue(had it for a good few weeks)
And lastly, the pills!! (I'll post a pic of myself on the Off-topic forums)

Where are you guys getting these cheap Shure headphones? I got a pair of E2c ones yesterday for $129... wouldn't mind the E3c if I could find a good deal on them... though they're a little big.

v1ct0r said:
the Shure E3C are nice, especially on the plane. Bass is a little lacking but not as bad as everyone says. I also mostly listen to rap so if i say it's lacking it's probably fine for everyone else. But on the plane, when you put the shures in, you can still hear the engine noise but very faint. You might think that they're not that helpful but once you take them off you realize how much noise is being blocked out. Also, when i use my ipod, i only turn the volume up to the point where you can barely see the colored bar. Lower volume, less damage to ears

I paid around 100 for them, but personally I wish i waited about a month for the E4C and paid an extra 70-80 bucks.

oh yeah nice V3x

victor... the V3x is a great phone, I tried using the xda as my phone as well but it failed completely, I sms too much and it was too bulky to carry everywhere, so I got my v3x on a 12USD a month plan for 24 months :D

Then get a smaller PocketPC phone... like the iMate JAM or JAMin'. But I guess SMS would still be a problem...

AxlxA said:
god damn dudes, you all have a PSP?!?!?!

I HAVE NOTHING. Except I went to the doctor's today and was diagnoised with something COOLER THAN ANYTHING YOU GUYS WILL EVER GET!

(see if you can spot it)

pfffffffffff :lol:

Soo you quit the womans and bought a MAXIM?

look harder. there's something else i posted there. (look in the "off topic - post a pic of yourself" thread for hints.)

Shawn_230 said:
Then get a smaller PocketPC phone... like the iMate JAM or JAMin'. But I guess SMS would still be a problem...

won't work, I can't live without a pda without a keyboard... I'm actually thinking about getting a blackberry now, looking around ebay for good deals

andyhui01 said:
http://img81.imageshack.**/img81/1065/cimg01910vf.jpg

I haven't got round to posting the things I bought recently, Motorola RAZR V3x, Sony T7, o2 xda IIs and logitech bluetooth headset.

NOTE: My other new toy, the casio exilim z750 was used to take a picture of this, I thought I would use my T7 to take it since the z750 is newer, but the t7 just matched everything else better in the picture :D

how is the v3x?

is it any good?i was thinking of getting one.