The "New Toys" Thread

Janus said:
andyhui01 said:
nice... I didn't know internet connection is considered a new toy, I just got a new upgrade on mine as well, cap remains the same at 10Gb (but instead of the old shaping, it is now completely disconnect) and my speed went from 1mbit/256kbit to 4mbit symmetrical :D. Did a speed test and I was getting 3.5mbit down and 3.8up :D. I can definetly feel the speed increase, i'm sure LFSers would have felt it as well :D, but the 10Gb cap really sucks

Man, I thought you'd be able to get a faster connection in Melbourne.

I'm in Adelaide and I have a 24mbit connection, which actually syncs at 17mbit. I also have a 40GB cap. I wish the company I am with offered a larger cap, like 60GB.

That's really a shame, to have such a powerful connection, with a cap on transfer. Right now i'm stuck with 5mbit / 2mbit, but hopefully soon i'll be able to get Fios (Fiber Optic) internet, which will be much faster.

I figured out the problem with my comp. My athlon 64 3700+burned out. So I'm getting a X2 3800+. Yeah! I also got another gig of Kingston hyperX ram. this will make my comp really quick.

nice... the Athlon X2 3800+ is a really good CPU, but I never saw much advantage for the dual core processor though

and hokiethang, although 10Gb is quite low, I've actually gotten used to it as it has been that way for the last 6months, you just have to control what you download, but its enough for me to download 24, OC, TG, AI, browse the net and still play BF2 and have bandwidth left. Think about it, I get 2.5 gb a week, all my downloads are about 1.5Gb and the other 1gb is more than enough for web browsing and gaming

Finally its Easter holidays so I bought this :D

http://img141.imageshack.**/img141/7351/pict16591wf.jpg

Will be playing it with DFP and will report back on how good or not it is ;)

I'm a tough critic after GT4 :evil:

I upgraded from a 2.6C to a 3.4E!

http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/892/newcpu7vw.png

newest toy: a black Peugeot 206 SW 1.4 HDI.
Its faster then my father's 1.7 diesel fortunately ;)

Its a leasecar, this semester is a quiet one for me, so i go to school 1 day a week and work 4 days with the company where i was an intern last year.
Im happy, its a luxureous car for a student :D

sweeeeeeeeeeet bigfoot1942!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PICS?

I'm so pissed.
The UPStruck was in front of my house when i came home, and I saw a correct sized box on my proch, but it was just psychology books for my mom. Damn, have to wait some more for my comp to be fixed

Jacobfox said:
I'm so pissed.
The UPStruck was in front of my house when i came home, and I saw a correct sized box on my proch, but it was just psychology books for my mom. Damn, have to wait some more for my comp to be fixed

Wow, that sucks. I would be pissed off too. :thumbsdown:

Hehe, does it count as a new toy if i just recieved my Crumpler 5 Million Dollar camera bag for my new digital rebel xt?

Update: DUDE it looks like a freakin purse... i dont know if i'm man enough to walk around with this.

Can anyone guess what new toy I got today?

http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/1748/3dmarkshistory5rk.jpg

nice...Nvidia is a good upgrade from that radeon
what benchmarking software is that?

the heck dude, why didn't you get a 7600gt instead!!!

Yeah, cvg and I are in the same boat. We can only get a slightly better video card without replacing our entire motherboards.

Then again, the 6880 GT rapes most games at max / nearly max settings, so... ;)

And damn you, cvg! --> http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4529022 :cry:

I guess a faster CPU (3.4 vs 3.0) is better than more RAM (1GB vs 2GB). Once I get my new Arctic Cooling Silencer then I can OC the video card to Ultra speeds, make it slightly less slower than the 7800GS (fastest AGP card out there).

I already have the Silencer and my video card is actually a GT OC and is OC'ed a little outta the box. I was up past Ultra speeds for a while even.

As for RAM, that may be the case for 3DMark (less = better), but in real life, you gotta have 2 gigs to run high in some games. And it's not like it's crap RAM either -- I'm running it in dual channel (4x512) at 2.5-3-2-6. :/

AxlxA said:
the heck dude, why didn't you get a 7600gt instead!!!

He bought a CPU not a video card...

The CPU seems to be a good investment. I'm stuck in the same boat as Viper anc cvg as well, I have a Socket 754 A64, with AGP. I'd like a newer video card, but I don't want to do an entire upgrade to get one.