The "New Toys" Thread

BlitzR said:
shirts_quickfix.gif

Ah, the memories. :)

Anyone ever play Topgear 3000 on the SNES?

BlitzR said:
Nintendo should bring back the ledgendary NES.
shirts_quickfix.gif

Shit, that brings back a lot of light headed memories.

here's my latest toy:
http://img140.imageshack.**/img140/7391/zebaypics096ha4.jpg

and one of my older toys in the background, special points to anyone who can name it :p

question for you guys.

If you had to move 1000 miles away to a new state, how would you bring your computer/lcd/keyboard/speakers if you have NONE of the original packaging?

btw travelling on plane.

I dunno why i post this in this new toys thread but i figure you guys order a lot of stuff online anyways.

could that be a commodore 64 in the back?

AxlxA said:
question for you guys.

If you had to move 1000 miles away to a new state, how would you bring your computer/lcd/keyboard/speakers if you have NONE of the original packaging?

btw travelling on plane.

I dunno why i post this in this new toys thread but i figure you guys order a lot of stuff online anyways.

Buy a laptop instead, lol!

AxlxA said:
question for you guys.

btw travelling on plane.

I packed the computer console with a box filled with lots of newspaper (to ensure a tight fit in the box) as a carry-on baggage; the LCD monitor I removed the stand and put the flat panel in a suitcase wrapped with my towels and clothing; and for the monitor stand mine is a Sony so the base plate can be removed and I slipped it in the suitcase; the keyboard I just put in the suitcase as well (b/c it's flat, it doesn't take up a lot of space); as for the speakers I guess you can put it in the suitcase (if they're not too big), or maybe just put them in a box and carry it as a carry-on baggage. Hope this helps!! :)

Jacobfox said:

I've still got one aswell :thumbsup: Haven't played it for ages though, friggin took ages to load. Other people must still have one aswell?

FATMOUSE said:
Anyone ever play Topgear 3000 on the SNES?

Yeah, my brother got it for his birthday, when he opened the present, I took it from him and started playing right away. :lol:

My love of racing started with that game methinks.

Evo7 said:
Jacobfox said:

I've still got one aswell :thumbsup: Haven't played it for ages though, friggin took ages to load. Other people must still have one aswell?

It's not a Commodore 64, though I have had one of them recently, but I traded it in for my childhood favourite Spectrum ZX :) Which I then made a video blog on at Gamespot for all those interested: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/video_player.php?user=overheat-europe&id=d3UwkDus5bMNszA

It's pretty poor and rushed, hopefully I'll be able to do better in future :)

AxlxA said:
question for you guys.

btw travelling on plane.

my suggestion is that if you have more than 1 person travelling with you is the CPU goes in 1 carryon, if its big enough it should fit perfectly. The LCD goes on the next person's carryon OR you could check it in with towels and stuff and keep the suitcase full so it can't shift (I've done it before and it was fine).

AxlxA said:
question for you guys.

btw travelling on plane.

Check out Mail Boxes Etc.:
http://www.mbe.com/ps/pa.html
Packaging Services
The UPS Store and Mail Boxes Etc. locations can organize and expertly pack your items directly in the center. This convenient service saves you time and ensures your shipment is secure and protected for delivery. We specialize in properly packaging antiques, artwork, electronics, crystal, china and porcelain.
I've used their services recently, they did a fantastic job packaging! There's no way anything they pack will get damaged and the prices are pretty reasonable too. I had them ship an overhead projector within Germany, the box was at least 2x2x3 feet and ~35 pounds, cost me around 35$ including the packing service, materials and shipment via UPS. Packing + materials alone was like 10 dollars.

They seem to have several locations in San Francisco. :)

I think you really should consider shipping this stuff too, instead of taking it with you an a plane. Much more convenient.

^Cool.

Thats not one of the OneTouch systems is it? I got a Maxtor 250GB OTII which has been very good for my purposes :)

Ok here is my stuff, not very new but new none the less.
32 Inch LCD computer screen with a Final Gear forum
PIC00039.jpg

51 Inch TV
PIC00033.jpg

My carbon fibre 360 faceplate.
PIC00032.jpg

LOl my mom watching Top Gear on my Ipod
PIC00031.jpg

:thumbsup: