The "New Toys" Thread

...with an iPod clone? Riiiight.

So how is it? What does it do better than the iPod?

Ya I would have bought one but I already own an Ipod...bought it 2 weeks before that was anounced... I AM ANGRY.

Ianspeed said:
...with an iPod clone? Riiiight.

So how is it? What does it do better than the iPod?

ipod clone? Far from it my fine feathered friend. I got this Creative because I know I can throw it around and it will still work; it may be a bit thicker and heavier but it feels a lot more solid in your hand.

matt_shaw said:
Hurray!!! Down with ipods!
good choice, i'd get one of those, too, if i didn't already have a creative muvo slim. mine has only got 256mb, but its the size of a credit card and you can abuse it as much as you want. great for blasting down the trails on my mtb to some nice vikingmetal. :thumbsup:

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Got it
FINALLY!

sidekick_3.jpg

I always imagined, you could be Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan...

nice Zen Vision - I have to admit it's not quite as good as an iPod, but if you want to play WMAs, there's not much better. Although Samsung's latest MP3s are looking really good, especially with the YP-Z5 breaking onto the market and giving the nano a run for it's money.

matt_shaw said:
Hurray!!! Down with ipods!
pic

my brother has one like that, probably previous version though

is pretty cool, but the software that comes with it sucks balls :thumbsdown:

CyberMonkey said:
"Down with ipods" so you buy one that looks exactly like, well, a green ipod?

How the hell does it look like an ipod? You're just saying any rectangle shaped music player with a large screen is an ipod.

Overheat said:
nice Zen Vision - I have to admit it's not quite as good as an iPod, but if you want to play WMAs, there's not much better. Although Samsung's latest MP3s are looking really good, especially with the YP-Z5 breaking onto the market and giving the nano a run for it's money.

How is it not as good as an ipod? All of the review sites I have read have given it the exact same rating as the ipod.

Duh! It is not as good as an iPod because it isn't an iPod! :p

By brother got an iRiver a couple of years ago, well before the colour screen iPod videos were out. You would show people and explain that it holds more, has a better screen, has a colour screen, built in voice recorder, plays video files, built in radio etc. and what would their response always be, "well....it isn't an iPod is it".

Don't get me wrong, I have an iPod video, but I admit that, at least in my opinion, Zens are better. As I try to explain to people, iPods are like Mac computers simple to use with few options and very user friendly, Zens are most like PC, quite complex if you don't know how to use it, but once you work it out it is more powerful and robust for your needs.

matt_shaw said:
CyberMonkey said:
"Down with ipods" so you buy one that looks exactly like, well, a green ipod?

How the hell does it look like an ipod? You're just saying any rectangle shaped music player with a large screen is an ipod.

I just know what my eyes saw, and on the first glance I thought it was an ipod video because yes, it looks like an ipod with the soft corners and friendly colours and minimalistic design.

This is my mp3 player, and it DOESN'T even remotely look like an Ipod. See what I mean? It is quite obvious that Creative tried to copy the look of the Ipod but not too much to avoid copyright issues.

CyberMonkey said:
I just know what my eyes saw, and on the first glance I thought it was an ipod video because yes, it looks like an ipod with the soft corners and friendly colours and minimalistic design.

This is my mp3 player, and it DOESN'T even remotely look like an Ipod. See what I mean? It is quite obvious that Creative tried to copy the look of the Ipod but not too much to avoid copyright issues.

Put a 2.5 inch screen on your MP3 player and tell me it still doesnt look like an ipod.

You know that whole touch scroll thing? Creative did that first, not Apple. Also why would you put sharp corners on something this size? It would be a saftey harzard. Apple has never been an innovator they've just copied all the good ideas from other companies and put them together.

matt_shaw said:
CyberMonkey said:

Put a 2.5 inch screen on your MP3 player and tell me it still doesnt look like an ipod.

You know that whole touch scroll thing? Creative did that first, not Apple. Also why would you put sharp corners on something this size? It would be a saftey harzard. Apple has never been an innovator they've just copied all the good ideas from other companies and put them together.

... And made a prettier produkt (I love my iPod! :x )

matt im with ya, i have a vision myself( the big a** 3.7" screen one) and before that i did get a 60GB video ipod(stupid impulse) and i just hated it. Feels much better going back to creative after my old zen. after i sold the pod started calling it the way it should be called, the ih-pod, May style
:lol:

blaydexi said:
matt im with ya, i have a vision myself( the big a** 3.7" screen one) and before that i did get a 60GB video ipod(stupid impulse) and i just hated it. Feels much better going back to creative after my old zen. after i sold the pod started calling it the way it should be called, the ih-pod, May style
:lol:

I had a Zen before my Vision too! They were awesome players!

I had the xtra 30 gig version, gave it to my sis. The battery life on those were awesome. The only thing that i hate is the stupid software they give

Had this one:
h676.jpg

:D

My new toy. Pair of Kicker 10s and a 300.1ZX Kicker amp.

220227481_3bd26c923c_o.jpg