The "New Toys" Thread

oliB - yey, sick screen man!! :D Does it make any whiny noises at all? My 19" makes quite some noise :( Also, what skin is that you have? I like the style of it.

Buba said:
NAIDANAC A said:
you need a 32 like me :p

LOL nice monitor.

You all need a 37" like me... :p :p
Showoff :p

^ You know I'm an attention whore... I posted it soooo many times...

Just read a test about that 2407 in the latest "Chip". 24" comparison...
h##p://rapidshare.de/files/31661514/ch0610.rar (no standard deferrer in here, gotta change the ## to tt obviously. Its in German and the PW for the file is "eMags4you")
It finished 3rd. Samsung was better, so maybe you don't want to read it ;-) Guess I would get the Dell anyway, since it looks best and once you have it, you can't really spot differences anyway...

My new toys :) HP iPAQ hx2790, Transcend SD card 4GB for PDA, Olympus xD-card 1GB for my OlympusFerrari, SonyEricsson p910i and D-Link Bluetooth DBT-122 :)
new_toys.JPG

Thanks for the kind words guys! ;)

Buba said:
AFAIK the biggest pc monitor is the 30" cinema apple. At least coming from companies that actually exist. So, NAIDANAC A's and mine pretty much are TV's... ;-)
Actually Dell also offers a 30 inch LCD. But that would have cost more than double of what the 24 incher cost and as Janus said, it gets to a point were it's just too big for regular PC use.
Buba said:
Just read a test about that 2407 in the latest "Chip". 24" comparison...
h##p://rapidshare.de/files/31661514/ch0610.rar (no standard deferrer in here, gotta change the ## to tt obviously. Its in German and the PW for the file is "eMags4you")
It finished 3rd. Samsung was better, so maybe you don't want to read it ;-) Guess I would get the Dell anyway, since it looks best and once you have it, you can't really spot differences anyway...
Thanks, maybe I'll check it out later. But you're right, having already bought the Dell, I'm not that interested in it's faults. :p

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
oliB - yey, sick screen man!! :D Does it make any whiny noises at all? My 19" makes quite some noise :( Also, what skin is that you have? I like the style of it.
Nope, no noise coming from it. Sorry, maybe there's something wrong with yours. :unsure:

As for my theme, I'm using this Longhorn/Vista theme. Apparently MS threatend to sue and the download was removed or something. I uploaded it to rapidshare for you. Put it in \Windows\Resources\Themes. In order to use it though, you have to run this UXTheme Multi-Patcher first.
And in case your wondering. The thing on the top right corner is a little app called Rainlendar. The theme on it is called Shadow. I think it came standard with the prog. If it's not there, you can find it in this skin pack.
Last but not least, this is my awesome wallpaper. :D

BTW, I also tried running the LCD in "9:16" aspect ratio today:
http://img212.imageshack.**/img212/3608/dell2407wfp916cw9.th.jpg
I don't know. I guess it's good if you don't like scrolling but it just feels weird...
:)

oliB said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
As for my theme, I'm using this Longhorn/Vista theme. Apparently MS threatend to sue and the download was removed or something. I uploaded it to rapidshare for you. Put it in \Windows\Resources\Themes. In order to use it though, you have to run this UXTheme Multi-Patcher first.
And case your wondering. The thing on the top right corner is a little app called Rainlendar. The theme on it is called Shadow. I think it came standard with the prog. If it's not there, you can find it in this skin pack.
Last but not least, this is my awesome wallpaper. :D
Awesome thanks :thumbsup:

BTW, I also tried running the LCD in "9:16 aspect ratio today":
LOL that would have been useful back in the day when we had the Cool Wall on this forum and there about 3,865,999 threads to sift through :lol:

Whoops the images are a bit big?

Yea I saw the keyboard and was like: OK i'll get that.

The hard drive is a 500GB monster to replace my WD 250GB.

oliB said:
BTW, I also tried running the LCD in "9:16" aspect ratio today:
I don't know. I guess it's good if you don't like scrolling but it just feels weird...
:)

I thought the monitor was 16:10 instead of 16:9 :)

Portrait mode is fun for once, but I never use it. You have to keep moving yoar head up and down and the colours aren't right since the viewing angle is better horizontally then vertically.
But it's a great monitor, I have the previous version (2405).

A monitor is never too big as long as the resolution is right, which means the 30 inch dell with 2560 x 1600 is is fine :). Pc-work on a LCD-tv with 1366x768 resolution is just silly though. Pixels are huge so you have to sit two metres away from it. I don't get it anyway.

Dinovo keyboard looks great indeed, but there seem to be quite some problems with software issues, bluetooth issues, reconnects, crashes, crappy logitech drivers and so on so I decided to stay with my good old wired internet navigator.

//Dave said:
Just ordered:

00144843big.jpg

410992-A.jpg

Tell me what that keyboard is like when it arrives. I am thinking of getting one...

I Have a similar mouse to that ^.

It's not bluetooth but that mouse rocks. THe only downside is that mouse is too heavy. Now i use a logitech G7 because it's just super slick and super accurate!

^ So big and still not mod compatible. :p

http://img483.imageshack.**/img483/6338/xboxlivemb4.jpg

I bought this a while ago but I forgot to post it. I'm still waiting to get the Wireless Adapter (for my birthday next month).