The "New Toys" Thread

Never seen the point in a Shuffle myself. I like a screen so I can find a specific song if I want. Still a nice bit of kit though.

I'm too lazy to take a picture myself, this is what I bought yesterday:

2005-11-Nikon-D200.jpg

I just love it :heart: Too bad it means I have to retire and sell my old "work horse", the Nikon D1X... If I had the money, I'd definately keep it.

The D200 sure is a great camera. Shame you have to lose the D1X, I love the feel of the D1 series cameras.

Never seen the point in a Shuffle myself. I like a screen so I can find a specific song if I want. Still a nice bit of kit though.

Well, since it only holds 1GB of music, you're probably constantly changing the songs all the time, and it really doesn't matter what song comes on, because you probably filed it for a certain circumstance. I'm going on a drive? Good driving songs. If I'm going to the gym, good workout music. It's not like you've got 30GB of randomness that may not fit the mood. Besides...since there are so many fewer songs, you just turn the "shuffle" mode off, and skip through the tracks. They will play in alphabetical order (if I'm not mistaken).

The D200 sure is a great camera. Shame you have to lose the D1X, I love the feel of the D1 series cameras.

The D1-series cameras are some tough cookies, they'll take a beating (though I've always kept mine as gently as possible :p ) and they nicely fit in your hands, but I have to admit the D200 is pretty darn good in that department, too. Ok, without the grip it's nothing fancy, somewhat better than a D70 but slap the grip on and it's a joy to use.

Besides...since there are so many fewer songs, you just turn the "shuffle" mode off, and skip through the tracks. They will play in alphabetical order (if I'm not mistaken).

Well, sorry but you are mistaken, the ipod shuffle knows only one mode of playing, and that's shuffle, it's no mode you can turn off.

Well, sorry but you are mistaken, the ipod shuffle knows only one mode of playing, and that's shuffle, it's no mode you can turn off.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304781#2

Shuffle Switch
This switch on the bottom of iPod shuffle sets whether iPod shuffle plays songs, audiobooks, and podcasts in order or in shuffle mode (total, random, free-for-all). When positioned next to the crossed arrows, you?re in shuffle mode, when positioned next to the circular arrows, songs repeat in the order you set in iTunes.

hmmmm, then they fixed that in the new model, i know for sure the old model could only shuffle and nothing else. I stand corrected :)

I had the 1st-gen iPod shuffle and it too had the same switch (looked different though). But don't take my word for it...

http://img406.imageshack.**/img406/7487/untitledjb7.png

8)

I just bought a 360 and a DVI - VGA adaptor, turning my PCs TFT into a super awesome HDTV screen. :D

Congrats on that! What happend to your avatar?

I got bored with it and couldn't be arsed to find a new one.

An another note. MS should definitively include a warning on the thing. I'd propose something like this: To all you idiots beloved customers out there, please keep in mind that this unit doesn't include any memory function. Unlike the previous product. Ask your retailer for original MS crap accessoires.

Yes, I forgot to buy a memory card. :(

Last edited:
I got bored with it and couldn't be arsed to find a new one.

An another note. MS should definitively include a warning on the thing. I'd propose something like this: To all you idiots beloved customers out there, please keep in mind that this unit doesn't include any memory function. Unlike the previous product. Ask your retailer for original MS crap accessoires.

Yes, I forgot to buy a memory card. :(

Is this just for the Core System?

Man, you bought a core? That means no addons... No new cars like the brilliant Rufs in TDU...

It's cheaper to save up and buy the Premium instead of getting the Core and then having to pay extra for a wireless controller, HDD, headset, and cables.

I'm not planning on getting a headset and wireless controlers. The VGA cable was 10?. and In a month or two I'll just buy a HDD from ebay instead.

Could be that I'll end up paying a tad more than neccesary but it was either the core or another two full months of Radeon 9500pro horror.