The "New Toys" Thread

So, my new phone arrived a day late, and I think my GF really was freaking out because I was such a pain in the ass while waiting for it.

SE W950i
http://img132.imageshack.**/img132/7586/dsc00635ob1.jpg

Mainly bought it because of the 4 Gig internal drive and the touchscreen. It doesn't have a cam, though. If you flip back a couple of pages, you'll know about the N2 I recently bought, so I don't need one. Used the 2 MP one in my old phone half a year ago because of boredom...

The sound is really unbelievable. It comes with in ear phones, but has a 3,5mm Jack. I don't even need the Megabass setting, its great in the normal one. And the JogDial is back, and I'm loving it, my very first phone had one as well...

Yeah im really happy that they've finally started putting 3.5mm jacks on phones. I must have been through about 3 or 4 nokia-to-3.5mm adapters as they were cheapo 3rd party. Nokia didnt make an official one to the best of my knowledge.

Theres probs no doubting that the SE is better than the nokia in respect to music. But i do wonder if im able to download any apps that'l make it better. Not that its bad now to be honest, hearing alot of new things in songs that just didnt come through the old 6230.

Got this in the mail today.... filling it up with the map of england....

sandisk_micro_sd_2gb_memory_card.gif

For those wondering why such techy stuff all of a sudden, I landed a part time job a few months ago...

im an idiot, i ordered a MINI sd 2gb card from play, and not the micro. Now im goin to have to send it back for a refund and then buy the microsd which is the same damn price!! haha.

Also, ive been offered a sweeter deal by orange directly, mainly in that they'll give me a ?100 account credit if i take in my old phone. I have 12 days to decide whether to keep it or not.

hmm, big decisions.

^looks like there will be alot of N95 users on the forum,
True, I ordered mine on wednesday. :)

Now I'm waiting for the 4gb micro SDHC to come out. The N95 is the first Nokia phone to support the new SDHC standard. :D

Thats why I decided to opt out of the "can do it all" phones. I've been after them ever since they had colored displays. But recently I noticed that I don't use any of the features except the mp3 player... Thats why I was rather happy that my carrier (t-mobile business) decided to finally get the 950, and even made me a good deal (getting 20% on everything hardware, 48% on the talking and they gave me another 50 Euros of credit for talking...)!

Just bought myself a W850i which will hopefully be here tomorrow, got it eBay though so i'm going to be very cautious until it is is my hands and working correctly.

i feel that n95 isn't what it was portrayed out to be... It hangs a lot. I mostly get the 'run out of memory message.' havent been able to use the gps but downloaded the maps.... The casing seems cheap (plastic).

Too bad... Don't worry though, thats pretty much how all Smartphones are today, I reckon... On my 950 the functions are all actually apps, so if you wanna read your sms for the first time after you started it up, it takes a second to load the sms app... Once its loaded, and you don't specifically exit it, its faster the next time. With 22 MB of Ram the 170kb the sms app takes its not a big deal.. heard they will have a FW update that makes it faster all around...

I have totally different impressions about n95. Case is plastic obviously (what else could one expect?) but very solid. Slider clicks perfectly, and there's no sideways play at all. Also the rubbery-feeling backside is really nice.

GPS works fine for me. It takes a while to get a signal (from half a minute to few minutes), but after it's locked on, it doesn't lose it.

I had one "run out of mem" message, but yeah, that's rather standart on symbian. Just remember to close the stuff you don't need. I also hanged it twice, which required taking off battery, wouldn't react to power switch. Maybe they'll fix some bugs in future firmware updates.

Otherwise - love it. It's sooo much faster than 6670, video recording is everything I expected, and it's actually useable for watching videos (with divx player, or just "ipod-videos").

Has anyone here used the Prada phone before? I hear it's quite good, and it's going to be cheaper when LG releases the "normal" version sometime this year.

It only out for the smallest provider in Germany as an exclusive... So I don't know... Too bad, it could have potential! I really don't like LG, though...

I just got a used tv card for my comp, and a gig more of ram all for free :happy: my bf was 'merging' 2 pcs and couldn't use it :D

Lots of new phones lately, this is mine:
http://img329.imageshack.**/img329/7876/htcp3600se3.jpg

HTC P3600, just updated the firmware to activate the built-in GPS, getting 2GB MiniSD to go with it tonight :)

Just got this in the mail today:

http://img293.imageshack.**/img293/8646/zenvplusmz0.jpg

Creative Zen V Plus

Same size as a nano (except a little thicker), but quite a bit cheaper. I got a 4GB for $109 after rebate (vs. about $180 for a 4GB nano), plus it has more features than the nano: DivX video playback, FM tuner, and it has a nice bookmark feature for audiobooks. After having 2 different iPods, must say this is sort of like a breath of fresh air. Plus, it seems really tough, and it has a scratch resistant screen, So far so good!

Last edited:
^ That isn't the same size as a Nano! I found it way too small. So I bought an iPod video.