The "New Toys" Thread

My new toy: GPS Globalsat BC-337 for my PDA :)
GPS.jpg

Logitech VX Revolution, almost as good as my MX Revolution, but a lot smaller.
I have question about the "Free-Wheeling" option on those. From what I understand, you choose between the free-wheeling mode and the usual scrolling mode by pushing down on the wheel. Does this mean, you can't use the wheel as a 3rd mouse button anymore?

I'm thinking about buying a MX or VX. I use my mouse wheel as a 3rd mouse button all the time, though. For instance when opening a link as a new tab in Firefox. If that's not possible with the Logitech, it's worthless for me.

TIA

Last edited:
On the MX revo the wheel button is indeed the switch between free scrolling and clickety-click scrolling. But because you can set per-application settings in Setpoint, i have set my Setpoint so that in Firefox it still is the middle button, but in other applications it switches scrolling mode. The only downside to that is that you have one fixed scrolling mode in your browser or you'd have to use the smart scrolling feature (didn't like that one). But as i like the free scrolling mode in Firefox is just set it to that mode. On the VX revolution the scrolling mode switch is located on the bottom of the mouse, it is a mechanical lever, so you don't need the per application setting. As a mouse i prefer the MX revolution to the VX revolution, the VX is very much a notebook mouse, too small and too light for serious use.

Bought a Pharos Traveler 525e a few weeks ago.
51BCF99XJPL._AA280_.jpg

Lovely device. Recharges with a *usb* port, rather than a custom dock connector. Runing TomTom6 on it with 0 issues.

Nintendo DS Lite
P8030291.jpg
\
Hard cover with rubber insert
P8030292.jpg

Logitech G5 with Razer eXactMat
P8030293.jpg

The mouse is kind of overkill for now, but my old mouse was sort of broke. and the scroll was rubbish.

My new toy arrived today :)
A Powershot S5 IS as well as a 1.75x tele- and 0.75x wide angle converter!
I'm not sure if I'm totally satisfied with it, anything over ISO 100 seems to produce grainy pics. That's also what all reviews told me, but I didn't think it'd be this bad. We do have some pretty crappy lighting here today tho. Other than that no complaints so far.. And the zoom really kicks ass. Together with the tele converter it has 21x zoom, I could read exactly what was on my gf's screen from about 25 ft away, by looking at the camera's display :lol:

23" Samsung LE23R32B

So far I really like it. it's the ideal LCD to connect to your PC/console. Nothing fancy but a big improvement over my old "TV" which was my 19" 5:4 TFT.
I just couldn't say no when I saw it for 399,00 EUR

Plus it looks really good in person.

http://img389.imageshack.**/img389/8854/012yf1oe6.jpg

On the MX revo the wheel button is indeed the switch between free scrolling and clickety-click scrolling. But because you can set per-application settings in Setpoint, i have set my Setpoint so that in Firefox it still is the middle button, but in other applications it switches scrolling mode. The only downside to that is that you have one fixed scrolling mode in your browser or you'd have to use the smart scrolling feature (didn't like that one). But as i like the free scrolling mode in Firefox is just set it to that mode. On the VX revolution the scrolling mode switch is located on the bottom of the mouse, it is a mechanical lever, so you don't need the per application setting. As a mouse i prefer the MX revolution to the VX revolution, the VX is very much a notebook mouse, too small and too light for serious use.
I used ?ber options and just mapped the little button behind the wheel as the middle button. I think it's a bit nicer, cause you can't accidentally access any of the other wheel functions that way (scroll and side-scroll). And i never use the search thing anyway.

After less then a week of my new Logitech G5 mouse, it is already dead....... The buttons still work but I think the laser is faulty. There were early problems, but didn't think too much about it, worked fine for 2 days and now it's rubbish.

Ah man, you should of getting a Hope Mono, custom drilled discs, shit when cold but I can slide the front in the dry (2.2 Michelin Comp 24) :S

Going to get new forks hopefully before the summer is out, broke the seals in my Psylo's a while back and just been riding them into the ground since ...

Nice brakes. I have an oldish Hope Mini (pre mono) on the front of mine. It is absolutely shagged but it only cost me ?20 second hand about 3 years ago. I can't justify spending ?100+ on a new one, especially as my rear one (Mono Mini) works well.

Nintendo DS Lite
P8030291.jpg
\
Hard cover with rubber insert
P8030292.jpg

Logitech G5 with Razer eXactMat
P8030293.jpg

The mouse is kind of overkill for now, but my old mouse was sort of broke. and the scroll was rubbish.

How much was the mouse and how much was the pad?

I have an older version of that mouse and I really like it...I just need a new mouse pad for gaming.

Let's see what I bought myself today...

BEFORE

AFTER

22" Westinghouse LCD monitor. I'm so happy with my purchase. I love the old Viewsonic (paid $350 for it over two years ago) but I couldn't resist a good deal. No dead pixels but there is some backlight bleeding (what can you expect for the price, lol!). FinalGear forums look great, too.

How much was the mouse and how much was the pad?

I have an older version of that mouse and I really like it...I just need a new mouse pad for gaming.
The mouse was $100 AUD and the the pad was $40 AUD.

I paid more for the mouse then it should of been, but everywhere else was sold out.
The pad is nice, two different surfaces. Kind of expensive but I recommend it.

About those Dell screens (prev page), before you order anything check the price of the 30'' 3007WFP-HC. Some months they have like a 25% discount on it making it cheaper than the 27'' and only a couple 100 euros more expensive than the 24'' at its regular price.
I was going to get the 24'' but ended up with the 30''. Gotta love the 2560x1600 res :mrgreen: And it has a built in card reader, also quite handy for photographers. The only disadvantage is that once you have it you won't be able to get anything smaller afterwards, because even a 24'' looks like a post stamp compared to this.