The "New Toys" Thread

MAMBO NUMBER FIIIIVE!

you can clearly see it's a thermaltake, it looks almost exactly like my tsunami dream, hehehe.

I got myself this beast :

P1030114.jpg

Wow...so there really is someone who watches "How I met your mother."

I miss my Microsoft Ergo 4000. Great keyboard - my wrists loved it.

Very
fragile though. Killed by a very very very tiny orange juice spill.

Whereas the Logitech Ultra-X I've been using for over a year has been through hell, and it's still as good as new.

Well, the Comfort Curve keyboad is advertised as being spill-resistant...

BTW, is the Ipod touch as poisonous and infertility inducing as the Iphone?

^^^ What can you do with the iPhone app on an iPod touch? Can you make calls over WiFi or what!?!

^^^ What can you do with the iPhone app on an iPod touch? Can you make calls over WiFi or what!?!
AFAIK there isn't even an iPhone app to do that. Plus, I doubt the iPod touch has a microphone, so making a call would be impossible.

^ So by installing iPhone you can just sit there and look at it?

^ The Sony's seem to be quite good........on paper at least. How's the sound?
the EX90s definitely have very refined and neutral sound, especially considering that Sony's other "EX" series earphones (EX70/71 50/51 etc) have serious issue of lacking soundstage and extremely colored sound, in short: junk. In fact, I think the only reason Sony used the EX name on these is because of the in-ear design, their sound remind me very much of the previous MDR-E888, which were wonderful earphones.

However sound quality is very subjective and everyone have different standards. My spoiled ears are very picky <as you can see in my previous thread> I purchased these mostly for convince and fear of damaging the more fragile Etys, fully aware that these would be a huge downgrade from my Etymotics ER-4S, The sound difference between the two is very noticeable, but so far I'm satisfied.
BTW, is the iPod touch as poisonous and infertility inducing as the Iphone?
I used to be all about sound quality and was never a fan of iPods until the Touch, now portability had became my main priority, despite a few shortcomings, it's hard to argue (even if you're anti-ipod) it does what its designed to do extremely well.
No phone calls, but a few features were taken out, such as the ability to add events in calender, email reader, weather forecast, and fully functional Google Map are now working flawlessly on my iPod. Additionally other 3rd party apps allow me to check RSS feeds, chat on AIM, games etc.

I used to be all about sound quality and was never a fan of iPods until the Touch, now portability had became my main priority, despite a few shortcomings, it's hard to argue (even if you're anti-ipod) it does what its designed to do extremely well.
but why would you even want what it's designed to do in the first place??? Which is: screw the consumer in the ass with all kinds of restrictions.

New monitor and speakers for my new rig :p

20" Samsung Syncmaster monitor, and Logitech speakers.

Makes TF2 look and sound pretty :D

http://img241.imageshack.**/img241/1585/comprl0.png

Lucky you. I wish I could have one of those. It would go really well with my 32" HDTV which I use as a second monitor. My primary one is a 19" CRT. And it is starting to make high pitched whines (not good).

but why would you even want what it's designed to do in the first place??? Which is: screw the consumer in the ass with all kinds of restrictions.
It's your opinion and I completely respect that, but to be honest I dont really understand these recent and frequent Apple-bashing (same story with Sony). I bought the iPod Touch as a music player and a portable web browser when I'm at school (I'm typing this reply on my Touch right now), and it does exactly what I want it to do very efficiently. As a previous owner of numerous DAPs including the completely-opened, drag-n-drop file structure iRiver iHP-120 and still owning a Cowon A2, I dont feel restricted in any way with the iPod Touch.

Again I am no Apple/iPod fanboy in any way, in fact I was very disppointed with my previous iPods (4th gen & 5th gen video) and had sold them within short period of time.

If you have different opinion or experience with the touch, I'd love to hear it, not put you on the spot, but simply want to understand the dislikes against certain brands and companies.

why would you downgrade from a cowon a2 to an apple touch? your actions just defy all logic...