The "New Toys" Thread

^ Damn. That must be so much fun, especially being 50km away from the arctic circle.

Never driven a snowmobile before. I bet they're fun?

^ Damn. That must be so much fun, especially being 50km away from the arctic circle.

Never driven a snowmobile before. I bet they're fun?
They're the best fun one can have during the winter! 120 HP with a weight of about 210 kg/450 lbs equals a lot of fun :mrgreen: If you ever get the chance to ride one you should give it a try.

^ I'm in Canada so snowmobiles are somewhat common. I will definitely try one out if I get the chance.

Looks like fun! Are you going to try to drive it over any unfrozen lakes? :p
Actually its not that hard to drive them on water, you just need to keep the throttle open ;) My 2nd ever snowmobiling trip was in late spring and the trail we were on was mainly ice with water after a while.. Sometimes like a couple 100 meters of seemingly open water :) It was ice with about 30 cm of water on top tho, so it wasn't really dangerous. Still, you don't want to get stuck there because those things are heavier than you think.
But to answer your question, no I'm not planning on drive it on any open water, it's fun but not worth the risk. Temperatures are about -25C/-13F here atm so there won't be much open water left soon anyway, the river here is the only thing thats still partially open.

^ He's kidding. I think he's referring to when Top Gear attempted the same thing (snowmobile on water) in Iceland.

^ He's kidding. I think he's referring to when Top Gear attempted the same thing (snowmobile on water) in Iceland.
Right, I remember that episode now :) What that guy did was pretty impressive, there were quite a bit of obstacles (icebergs?) in his way iirc. But as I said, not planning on attempting anything like that ;)

New page with no new toys? I have to fix that!!!

HP IPAQ 111 and the Dlink xtreme N DIR655.(i paid out of the rear orifice for this one.
IMG_7894.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

I also bought some cheap-o rims + nice dunlop snow tires but no one cares about cars in this thread =)

135...Q6600, 2GB, 8800GTX :p

The phone looks pretty nice for a free phone but looks too narrow for comfort. Is it awkward to talk on it?

There are a lot of competition between privately owned cell phone stores (especially Asian owned) here in Southern California, generally it's fairly easy to get really nice phones for free if you shop around, they even waived the activation fee for me :)

The narrowness of the phone does feel a bit awkward at first, but it's actually really comfortable after only few minutes of adjustment. Once opened, it actually feels exactly like holding a clamp shell (flip) phone.
juke3.jpg

You mean clam shell, right? :p

Asian stores always have good deals if you negotiate.

Finally figured out how to use SSH on my iPod and snagged a few screenshots off of it.

Default interface:

370px-IPod_touch_revised.JPG

My SpringBoard (customized a bit, lol):

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/12/snap050553.png

I split the rest of the apps onto pages 2 and 3 since the theme didn't come with black icons. Gonna get my sister to greyscale them now that I have SSH access though and see if I can get Colloquy and the likes to look good.

Speaking of Colloquy...

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/12/snap034814.png

How about the lack of features in the iphone? like gprs or umts. or any of the OTHER advanced features found in smart phones?