The "New Toys" Thread

Just ordered for my new computer build in the next few months:
Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Full-Tower
4 included 120MM fans, bottom-mounted PSU for better cooling, plenty of space, etc.
Weighs a buttload too, 37.3lbs empty. EMPTY! Going to be a killer to carry to LAN parties.
Pricey at $189.99 but free shipping on Newegg so very worth it.
b30.jpg

cosmos1_big.jpg

good case, i was thinking about buying that but i dont like the idea of side mounting the hdds. Im prob gonna go for a CM Stacker.

Where about do you live? Ive been looking for lans to go to.

There is that new Cosmos case thats around the corner, the Cosmos S.
Doesn't have that front door, all aluminium instead of steel/aluminium, large side fan more optional fans up top but costs more and uses that coolermaster hdd caddy that no one seems to like though it does actively cool the hdds.

Seconded :)

While mine isn't as hardcore, it does have a similar nicely weighted keys.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/02/kb.jpg
(not the actual photo, mine doesn't have the ergo-force thingy)

+1

P1030563.jpg

Mix that with the "bip" option of your terminal and you really are in vintage nerd heaven :)

http://www.teh-mir.ru/img/work/nomencl/32582.jpg

Just picked this up, took me all day of calls and visiting shops to find a 19" lcd widescreen w/dvi and a decent response time.

Response times are still a problem nowadays? I'd think that would be settled by now with those one-digit ms numbers?

Response times are still a problem nowadays? I'd think that would be settled by now with those one-digit ms numbers?

I haven't noticed response issues in LCDs for years.

I was going to get a Stacker 830, but unfortunately after having it pegged to order at a great price of $199.99, Newegg went and decided to gouge the price a bit... to $269.99. That doesn't fit in my overall build price.
Also, I'm going to have the case painted and engraved, and the Cosmos provided a much larger... painting and engraving.... space than the Stacker, what with the 830's side vents and whatnot. I'll probably just replace all 4 of the 120mm stocks in the Cosmos with 113cfm Silverstones for cooling and call it good.

EDIT: I have a couple of those old keyboards in my basement, the IBM Model M... I love the way they click when you hit a key.

EDIT2: To the person who was looking for LANs - I live in Shawnee, Kansas. My LAN party crowd is about 10 friends from my high school, generally in mine or one of the other person's basement. Generally about once every 1-2 months.

EDIT3: I edit alot. But I personally love the side-mounted HDD idea. It provides a much more space-efficient design while remaining thermally efficient (What with the PSU mounted at the bottom). It also makes taking HDDs out with a long graphics card much easier than in my current Thermaltake Tsunami - I have to rip my graphics card out to take out the hard drive bay because it's so long.

EDIT4: I like having a front door on a case. It makes the case much more streamlined in my opinion. Because I generally iso all of my CDs and DVDs, I very rarely need to put one in, unless I'm installing a new game or something.

Last edited:
yeah, those E8400 are a bitch to get right now...
my new Toy: currently installing Xp, or at least trying to... Keeps on failing...

I was going to get a Stacker 830, but unfortunately after having it pegged to order at a great price of $199.99, Newegg went and decided to gouge the price a bit... to $269.99. That doesn't fit in my overall build price.
Also, I'm going to have the case painted and engraved, and the Cosmos provided a much larger... painting and engraving.... space than the Stacker, what with the 830's side vents and whatnot. I'll probably just replace all 4 of the 120mm stocks in the Cosmos with 113cfm Silverstones for cooling and call it good.

EDIT: I have a couple of those old keyboards in my basement, the IBM Model M... I love the way they click when you hit a key.

EDIT2: To the person who was looking for LANs - I live in Shawnee, Kansas. My LAN party crowd is about 10 friends from my high school, generally in mine or one of the other person's basement. Generally about once every 1-2 months.

EDIT3: I edit alot. But I personally love the side-mounted HDD idea. It provides a much more space-efficient design while remaining thermally efficient (What with the PSU mounted at the bottom). It also makes taking HDDs out with a long graphics card much easier than in my current Thermaltake Tsunami - I have to rip my graphics card out to take out the hard drive bay because it's so long.

gah -_-" i was hoping for proper lan events like... 50+ ppl or so.

... and i waiting for the 830's price to drop below $240/250, then i will buy one for sure. You get a 850W PSU with the case, so i think it should worth the money.

Yay new headphones
41DEDGXJ3ZL._AA280_.jpg

The earphones before that was some crap from Delta Airlines, and all the wires got out and I had to hold it in three places to get it working, like ctrl-alt-del XDD
And before that was a Koss earphones which after half a year became mono (only one speaker works)
I hope that Philips knows how to make quality headphones :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/03/LogitechG15.jpg

My new keyboard :D

My new 16GB Compact Flash card :

P1030566.jpg

And my iPod mini transformation (new battery and new card) is now complete :

P1030579.jpg