The "New Toys" Thread

I'm getting me an E8400 next week, best get one quick because the E8400 is the popular choice at the moment.

Yeah, as soon as the price drops on newegg, Im getting one.

then turn the FSB up to 400 and its job done : )

Get a real keyboard.

800px-ModelM.jpg

Damn I love those keyboards. I have about 5 of them, starting from the IBM PS/2 model 70 I bought as an intern. I have one on my Fedora machine. I would love to use it every day, but I've gotten addicted to the MS split keyboards (even though the key action isn't in the same league). Plus the noise would drive coworkers crazy.

I even have a black one with a trackpoint (that no longer works).

blackboard280.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't live without the Windows-key... I use win+e, win+r, win+d and win all the time.

The folks who made the IBM keyboards (formerly IBM then Lexmark) are still around as "Unicomp", go to www.unicomp.com, their new designs have Windows keys.

pckeyboards_1996_547446

But buying one of those keyboards new just seems...wrong, somehow. I keep getting this feeling that the only proper way to acquire one is to find it sitting in a pile of old computer equipment at a garage sale somewhere and buying it for five bucks. :think:

Are you guys typing insane amounts that you find those IBM keyboards good?

As I've said before we had these in middle and high school and the only thing I remember about them isn't that they were comfortable or superior in any way to modern keyboards, but that the click sound drove me and everyone else in the library insane.

But I do hate that mice and keyboards have become full-fledged peripherals, often costing a few hundred dollars. That's just wrong.

Long time guys...

Newest addition which means newest removal of cash...

http://img357.imageshack.**/img357/3148/img0612ls4.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.**/img357/4153/img0610hr0.jpg
Shot at 2008-04-19

G25 and HD280

^ Nice G25! what games do you play with it?

Well, here's my new toy, replaced this:
IMG_1970.jpg

VAIO PCV-RV46G + 17"
(Pentium 4 3.2GHz, 1.5gig PC2700, 128mb 6600GT, 200gb HDD x2)

with this:
IMG_1971.jpg

Dell Inspiron 530 + 24"
(Q6600 Core 2 Quad, 1gig DDR2-5300, 2500gb HDD x2)

The speed jump from this upgrade (even in its current state) is HUGE! I am currently shopping for a new graphics card (running on on-board right now) and additional memory. Loving this thing:mrgreen:

Chilicoke, what 24" model is that from dell? (btw i love it)

I play GT2, RBR, Test drive unlimited, LFS-s2demo

I'd like more suggestions for games. I just got the G25 yesterday and I really really suck driving a manual in racing games....

^ I was just gonna ask that... though in fairness it seems like his new toy is the leather skirt or whatever, not the shifter itself.

/\ Hate to say this but that TRD gear leaver looks a bit like a sex toy. I'm almost ashamed about this but I'm using the exact same IBM keyboard posted up there. I love the overall feel of it and the clickity noises that it makes.

Purolator man arrived a couple days ago, finally got everything up and running

IMG_1729.jpg

Pretty big stepup from my P4 3.0Ghz with a gig of ram!

^ Where did you buy that stuff? NCIX?

I need a new multimedia/gaming PC badly, but I'm trying to figure out how I can get the parts for cheap. I might be in the US at the end of May so I'm thinking of buying some stuff and brining it back.

Yup, all were from NCIX except for the Monitor which I bought from Bestbuy (I usually loathe those 'big-box' electronics store, but long hours earning minimum wage can make dealing with customer service a lot easier)