The Newest Server Thread

Every avatar, every icon, every signature -- every image just takes a much longer time to load for me since the server move.

Every avatar, every icon, every signature -- every image just takes a much longer time to load for me since the server move.

I'm noticing just the opposite. Everything seems lightning fast from here.

There is a bit of latency from your ISP.. Not server related.

We were down for a few minutes.. Power was lost to the server, because both power supplies were not connected;

Quote our email from the staff:
"We only had one connected. Now both are.
We were over there installing a new server and the power cable was melting, What kind of power does this thing draw?"

You have no idea how hard I laughed at that :lol:.

Only 1500 watts?? Sheesh, I think you can do better Quicky.

Most cables should be able to deal with up to 10 or 16 amp, I doubt one server could draw so much. Would be cool (or piss off the datacenter) if it did :p

Most cables should be able to deal with up to 10 or 16 amp, I doubt one server could draw so much. Would be cool (or piss off the datacenter) if it did :p
My little personal computer pulls up to 4.6A if I do my math correctly (550W/120V).

At 240V, the server is drawing 6.25A and at 120V, it'd be drawing 12.5A. That's quite a bit.

i don't really notice any difference in speed, and FasterFox still shows page loading times as longer than 30 seconds if there are images. might just be my router or connection, but i don't think so :(

i don't really notice any difference in speed, and FasterFox still shows page loading times as longer than 30 seconds if there are images. might just be my router or connection, but i don't think so :(
It's your connection / latency / whatever.

The server is generating pages in about a tenth of a second. ;)

Fasterfox is shit-- it hammers web servers by requesting 30 items at the same time, causing resource usage to skyrocket. We will start blocking it if it becomes a problem here.

wow i never realised that, sorry :(. i'll uninstall it when i get back on my other PC. happily the connection seems much faster on this PC even though it has a wireless connection :)

My first post at this forum, but it's just for congrats you people, what a nice server :blink:

And what a great page!!!! 8)

Building a new Finalgear.com server?

I could do that. How hard could it be? :D

Seriously though guys, damn good job with the new box. Top Gear day has never been this smooth before. /hats off.

Uninstalled Fasterfox now, unexpected jump in loading speeds :D

Well, seing as it's only about to air in 6 minutes, this isn't the brunt of the assault..... YET!

~300 people on the forums:

Page generated in 0.30762 seconds with 46 queries [Server Loads: 0.81 0.72 : 0.70]

Not bad, not bad at all, especially since Gerpok is now back on this box and 'causing probably half of that load.

425 people on the forums.

Page generated in 0.35207 seconds with 42 queries [Server Loads: 1.55 1.81 : 1.44]

Badass. :cool:

that server is kicking ass... we're coming close to the people@forums record from october 7th and I see no difference in speed to a normal day. just awesome.

update
had a sudden idea - do you guys have something like google analytics attached to the main page, not the forums? 'cause if we have like 500 people in here, there should be way more just sitting there and refreshing the "shows" page waiting for the torrent to come, and with some analytics one could see how much those are... then we would have a full picture of how much the server is actually dealing with.

another update...
sry for the dumb question, 'course you have :) so how many people are there actually now?

Last edited: