The next epic race, where would like them to go?

Hotpants

Car(s)
KIA Sportage
I got a couple of races i want to see them do, and here is my list.

Russia:
They start in the southern part (Derbent) and buy a car OR motorbike for like max 5000? and they are going to travel to Pevek or some other city in the most northern part of Russia.

Sweden:
They start in Malmoe and travel through Sweden to the point there Sweden, Finland and Norway meets, but they are not allowed to use any highways and they must buy a two wheel drive car for max 1500?.

Australia:
They travel all across this cool continent in a car that can cost at most 5000? and cannot weigh less than let us say 8800lbs.

When you say 'race' I think SLR to Norway, not some cheapass, non-funny 1000? banger film.

Those seem a bit more like road movie/special ideas to me. Unless you're into three-way races.

The "normal" epic race involves Jeremy in the car vs. James and Richard taking public transport, with very few exceptions.

(EDIT) I like Danny's idea.

Last edited:
^ Not epic. Bobsleigh won. (Other thing about the epic races: The car always wins.)

Sorry if i was unclear, i mean like the Bolivia, Africa and American stuff =)

I don't know enough of Europe to think of a close one, but Rome to Istambul would be interesting, Roman Empire to Byzantine Empire.

On a related note, has anyone done a TG Race? I think it would be interesting to race from, say, New York to Washington using an airplane, a car, and a train. If you're making the journey anyway, why not make it a race?

+1 :canadian:

More specifically, sort of an epic journey on the Transcanada Highway, coast-to-coast: start in St. John's Newfoundland, end up in Victoria, BC. They should stop over in Winnipeg and let us know when! :thumbsup: ...and they should do the race in winter so they get the shock of a lifetime when they cross the prairies :lol:

Seriously, though, it would be a great drive. They could start on the east coast, travel over the massive bridge from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia (Jezza would love that), through the amazing shield, the straight-as-an-arrow roads in the prairies :)wicked:) and finally through the breathtaking Rockies.

The cars would be real tricky to choose, though. They'll need to be something comfortable for a long journey, winter-capable for the prairies and sporty for the twisty bits through the shield and Rockies.

A road trip east to west across America. Give them each 5k and have them end at the cost after doing some track testing at leguna seca. To prevent them from destroying the cars have them try and sell them afterwords and see how much they could get for them.

I got a couple of races i want to see them do, and here is my list.

Australia:
They travel all across this cool continent in a car that can cost at most 5000? and cannot weigh less than let us say 8800lbs.

It may be a little similar to the African challenge, but an idea for Australia is to follow the Canning stock route - it's part of a track that drovers used when driving cattle from the North West down to Fremantle.

The Canning Stock Route is one of the toughest and most remote tracks in the world. It runs from Halls Creek to Wiluna, both in Western Australia. With a total distance of 1781 km (1113 miles) it is also the longest historic stock route in the world. For the first few hundred kilometres it runs concurrent with the Tanami Track.

Canning_stock_route.PNG

Fuel drops need to be made. There are wells along the way, some dry, some usable. Some Australian cars to try? An Oka...

oka2.jpg

A Kingswood Overlander, or even a Torana...

awd3.jpg

f008_1.jpg

They could alternatively cross Lake Eyre and try to set a land speed record...

donald-campbell-lake-eyre.jpg

Oh, and I like the snowmobiles idea!

Last edited:
I have to admit, I do love the "cheap car challenges".

I would also like to see a "Race across America" episode.

Here in America, we have just about every kind of geography in that range.

Israel, Top to Botton, with Jeremy in the new Rangey or the LF-A vs. Hammond and May in the prestigious Israeli public bus system, Egged.

More specifically, sort of an epic journey on the Transcanada Highway, coast-to-coast: start in St. John's Newfoundland, end up in Victoria, BC. They should stop over in Winnipeg and let us know when! :thumbsup: ...and they should do the race in winter so they get the shock of a lifetime when they cross the prairies :lol:

I had a similar idea, only mine was more of a race -- Jeremy in a car vs. James and Richard on VIA-Rail, and starting in Halifax instead of St. John's.

Seriously, though, it would be a great drive. They could start on the east coast, travel over the massive bridge from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia (Jezza would love that),

I think you're thinking of Confederation Bridge, between Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick. (The only way to get to Newfoundland, from what I've seen, is either to go through northern Quebec or take a ferry from either PEI or Nova Scotia.) Jezza would definitely love that, though. James and Richard, too, I suspect.