• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

the next gen of one of America's best selling vehicles...

niteriyder

Car(s)
99 FRC VETTE
This is GMs most profitable vehicle believe it or not, this nameplate has gotten them through some tough times so this new generation of full size SUVs GMT900s were reenginered to offer the consumer the best vehicle in it's class, and in America that's a very big class :D

But not like most of you non-Americans care anyway, there is a lot riding on the success of this car, even though it does hold the title in sales, overall sales for Big SUVs are slipping fast in the States obviously and coincidentally hybrid demand is at an all time high...hmmm :roll: All the while GM is loosing market share, so this car as well as many other new offerings that either already debuted or are going to debut shall bring back glory to GM, hopefully.

This is the first GMT900 to debut under the Chevy Tahoe nameplate
Tahoe2.jpg

int_3.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

For anyone wondering about the build quality
t11.jpg

Tahoe1.jpg

A Vortec 5.3L V-8 with 320 horsepower (238 kw)* and 335 lb.-ft. of torque (463 Nm)* offers fuel-saving Displacement On Demand technology is standard at start of production.

Fuel economy ratings of 20.5 mpg with 2WD models and 20.1 mpg with 4WD models. That?s better fuel economy than any other full-size SUV :thumbsup:

The interiors on these cars are gettin better. No more ugly woosh effect on the leather and all that switchery looks much better (Euro-ish). I wonder if that would is real though :unsure:

These cars are good for America, but thats it aye.

at least Americans are getting better at designing the interior.... but nightrider, it is not possible to tell build quality with pictures, they have to be reported by owners of the car

Sorry, I generalized my description from what i have seen so far by posting that it did have good build quality. Let me re-phrase that then, the interior materials appear to be far superior to past generations and should be up to todays industry standards...Panel gaps are also kept to a minimum. Everything seem to be tightly fitted as well, this gives indication of outstanding build quality, wouldn't you all agree?

:) is that better?

not very much... I still maintain the build quality question can only be answered when the car is driven

yea, "picture" vehicle or "press vehicles" tend to be better built to get good review in the beginning than when they become pass production.

there are times when press vehicles are of poorer quality and became better when they do start mass producing. but they tend to be sport cars with suspension tuning still being iron out or something.

oh well, will have to wait and see I suppose.

and sometimes even if built quality has improved, built material can outright sux.
I still remember the horrible noise it made when clarkson start knocking on the dash ... man it sounds so so awful ...

lucky we don't get this in Oz ...
it came once (the explorer) but thankfully went away quickly.
some still get privately imported, but not much around.

Looks better but they're still retarded, quality seems better, but it's still cheap materials, what's up with that fake wood?

Renesis said:
Looks better but they're still retarded, quality seems better, but it's still cheap materials, what's up with that fake wood?
The real wood's reserved for the gangsta Escalizzle Peimpmobile GGG-Unit.

Renesis said:
No, it's still fake wood...
And is the aluminum on your RX-8 real? Don't nitpick about the wood; it's a mass-produced utility truck (even if it will be inevitably driven by soccer moms), not a Rolls.

i dont like how the fake wood looks, and the plastic can be better....but i feel that its not up to par with other SUVs at that price range...it kinda reminds me of the interior of a toyota corolla or chevy cobalt...

ive been in one of the chevy trailblazers and tahoes before i honestly didnt like them at all...it felt worse then a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but it was better then the Ford Explorer.

Also, the 20.1mpg for 4wd is not super impressive (it is very good though) since im 99.9% positive that the 4wd is not full-time so its going to be on 2wd most of the time but then switch to 4wd when the compters sence a traction loss.

the interior still looks blah, but better than before. So lets see this is the new Escalade, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban. do you need 4 of the same cars???

bartboy9891 said:
the interior still looks blah, but better than before. So lets see this is the new Escalade, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban. do you need 4 of the same cars???
dont forget the H2 :lol:

bartboy9891 said:
And Yukon XL, and Yukon Denali, and Yukon Denali XL, and Escalade ESV. Some things never change...

p0w3r said:
bartboy9891 said:
dont forget the H2 :lol:
who could forget the H2?! and then there are the XL's and Denali's and SUT's and ESV's.... :lol:

More of the same!!

Oh man, I hate these SUVs so much. I see more SUVs than cars around here. And I live on Long Island!! Which is extremely flat, why do you need a huge-ass truck.

people with large familys mainly prefer SUVs like these, this is America man :thumbsup: land of the free...Im sure I don't have to explain to you since you're a fellow American what SUVs are good for. If you grew up in a large family, you should know.