The official 2008 season MotoGP thread!

Pedrosa was in a scintillating class of his very own today. Stole the lead from Stoner into T1 and then set an impossible rhythm for the others. Especially considering his tire choice... our commentators were amazed when the tire choice popped up on the screen for Pedrosa... "Hard-Hard", and they were speculating about a possible use of softs. Amazing.

Each rider choose his own compound in motogp.. So when it says Hard-Hard for Pedrosa his tires might be softer than what lets say Hayden is using, even if he rides with medium-hard for example...However, Stoner and Rossi are using the same "family" of compounds...

Last edited:
It always makes me a bit puzzled when I think about how popular F1 is compared to MotoGP, on this forum every single F1 race thread has more hits/replies than the whole motogp season thread which I think is a shame considering that every single motogp race delivers more action than a whole F1 season.

Anyways, I just read in the paper that motogp gets more viewers than f1 in Italy!! :) Both motogp and F1 are broadcast live on national tv channels that are free and available to everyone.

On sunday motogp had 8.346.000 viewers with over 9 million viewers tuning in for the last lap! F1 had 7.087.000 viewers.

:thumbup:

f_hojbusam_86ed6d0.gif
I like them both, got into Moto GP last year, and I'm hooked! Love them both.

^Brilliant!! :) Suzuki are talking about supplying bikes to a privateer team, I think it would give them a chance to catch up with Honda, Yamaha and Casey stoner.

And lets put Sete Gibernau on the other! :D

I know!! He was interwied by the English Eurosport ppl! :D I guess Anthony West won't have a ride in 09... I would like to see Sete on a faster bike though.. His battles with Rossi was Epic!!

Maybe he can sort out the Ducati?

Q times Donington

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 38.232 secs
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 1min 38.881 secs
3. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 39.018 secs
4. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 39.270 secs
5. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 39.601 secs
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 1min 39.783 secs
7. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 39.995 secs
8. Ben Spies USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 40.244 secs
9. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 40.350 secs
10. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 40.417 secs
11. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 40.539 secs
12. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 1min 40.595 secs
13. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 40.667 secs
14. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 41.110 secs
15. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 41.379 secs
16. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 41.751 secs
17. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 41.873 secs
18. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 1min 42.933 secs

Now there's a front row I approve of - looking forward to seeing another Casey v Rossi fight.

Fairly dull race, but good to see Stoner & Rossi up there.
Are you kidding me? The Rossi and Pedrosa battle was great! There were also battles all over the mid-pack area.

Good to see Stoner back in form. Can he turn the championship around?

Are you kidding me? The Rossi and Pedrosa battle was great! There were also battles all over the mid-pack area.

Good to see Stoner back in form. Can he turn the championship around?

Admittedly I was only paying around 60% attention - because there didn't seem to be much going on.

Wow, did anyone see the 125cc race? What a win for Talm?csi :cool: