The official 2008 season MotoGP thread!

It does suck, but in one way i understand Dorna. The question is, are there tv channels in sweden for example that is willing to pay for the rights? I doubt it, which means huge parts of europe will be without motogp...

Hopefully they'll see the errors of their ways and revert back to eurosport or atleast rehire the current commentators...

Oh well.. I guess i'll have to download all the races..

just a quick question: is someone airing the races in full HD or just the regular? im looking for a source to watch the races in HD :)

Great battle for 4th in Australia!

Wow Rossi 12th ---> 2nd!

Dovi cries about Toselands riding:

Finishing seventh at Phillip Island, Andrea Dovizioso had a hard time with two of the most aggresive riders in MotoGP during the 27 lap race. Old sparring partner Jorge Lorenzo and new kid on the block James Toseland were trading blows with the JiR Team Scot rider, with some of their moves deemed to be dangerous by Dovizioso.
Andrea Dovizioso - Seventh

`I feel I made a tremendous race. If I had not had to recover from last after being pushed off the track at the start, we could have had a podium. At the start I kept on the left for the first turn, Lorenzo was almost alongside me and then he moved outside. This resulted in me finishing on the grass. From here I started a great comeback, even if in those first laps I could not push 100%, but instead I followed Valentino Rossi who also had the pace to gain positions. With Lorenzo we could have moved towards third position, but Toseland was too aggressive and a little dangerous while fighting for the lead of the group. The last ten laps the tyres were finished and I was not able to push anymore. At one of the corners, I had to go wide to avoid Toseland, who I was lining up to overtake, but because of this Nakano made it past us both. I am sorry to have lost the fourth place because it was a reality today.?

:boohoo:

A little old but still funny..
0606.jpg

Last edited:
2009 race schedule

Calendario 2009 Motomondiale:
12/04/2009 GP Qatar, Losail
26/04/2009 GP Giappone, Motegi
03/05/2009 GP Spagna, Jerez
17/05/2009 GP Francia Le Mans
31/05/2009 GP Italia, Mugello
14/06/2009 GP Catalunya, Montmel?
27/06/2009 GP Olanda, Assen
05/07/2009 GP USA, Laguna Seca (solo MotoGP)
19/07/2009 GP Germania, Sachsenring
26/07/2009 GP Gran Bretagna, Donington Park
16/08/2009 GP Repubblica Checa, Brno
30/08/2009 GP Indianapolis, Indianapolis
13/09/2009 GP San Marino, Misano
20/09/2009 GP Ungheria, Lake Balaton
04/10/2009 GP Portogallo, Estoril
18/10/2009 GP Australia, Phillip Island
25/10/2009 GP Malesia, Sepang
08/10/2009 GP Valencia, Valencia

Damn it, I've got university admission in that period!!!! :(

Oh no... university... I'll have the admission in September too, I hope I won't have to do anything that weekend.

Oh, sorry... I've made a dreadful mistake regarding the month (I feel tired and I've got a cold, so I guess it's understandable). University admission is in July.

*facepalm at myself*

Maybe I'll have enough money to go there. Plus a driver's license around that time.

Oh, sorry... I've made a dreadful mistake regarding the month (I feel tired and I've got a cold, so I guess it's understandable). University admission is in July.

*facepalm at myself*

Maybe I'll have enough money to go there. Plus a driver's license around that time.

The main admission is in July here too, but there so many things to do in September and you have to go through the admission process again... <_<
And yeah sometimes it's on a weekend...

I think I'll already start saving money because F1 + MotoGP + starting uni may be a bit too much...

Woo! Motogp will air in Scandinavia until 2011!! It won't be as good as it used to be but what the hell!!

Moto GP Indianapolis at the end of August then Detroit Grand Prix the next weekend!

heh...69...I'm so immature.

Oh well.. My fears came true. Dorna said that they wanted MotoGP to be available for everyone and then they sell it to a company that puts it on a channel that you have to pay for in Scandinavia.. Nice move..

Sepang Q times

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (B) 2min 1.548 sec
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 2min 1.957 sec
3. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 2min 2.171 sec
4. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 2min 2.192 sec
5. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 2min 2.245 sec
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 2min 2.836 sec
7. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 2.953 sec
8. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 3.078 sec
9. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 2min 3.110 sec
10. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 3.184 sec
11. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 3.271 sec