The official 2008 season MotoGP thread!

Che spettacolo!!

Rossi first and Dovi 3rd!!
234792_Dani+Pedrosa+Valentino+Rossi+and+Andrea+Dovizioso+on+the+podium+at+Sepang-1280x960-oct19.jpg._original.jpg

And RIP Guido (Valentino's dog has passed away)
234370_._original.jpg

Congratulations to Marco Simoncelli for winning the 250 title!

234784_Simoncelli+celebrates+250cc+title+at+Sepang-1280x960-oct19.jpg._original.jpg

Dovi did an awesome job keeping Hayden behind him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/71701

Rossi in talks with Ferrari over test

By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia Friday, October 24th 2008, 16:35 GMT

Valentino RossiValentino Rossi says he is in discussions with Ferrari about getting another Formula One test with them once the season is finished.

The Italian said after clinching this year's MotoGP crown that he would like to test an F1 car again, although he thought the chances were slim now that he has committed his future to motorbikes.

However, speaking in Valencia ahead of the final round of the MotoGP season, Rossi revealed that he could be in the car later this year.

"We are working on it, it can happen," said Rossi, who contemplated a switch to F1 in 2006 following several tests for Ferrari. "However, we don't know yet whether we will and on what day. We'll know something after the end of the F1 championship on November 2."

Rossi has made it clear that even if he does test then it will only be for his personal pleasure - and that there is no consideration being given to a future chance in F1.

"Yes, it's just for fun," he said. "I'm happy if they let me try it again, because I miss it a bit. However there's no other ambition, because I signed a contract for two more years for Yamaha. It will just be for passion and I think Valentino Rossi with Ferrari is fun for Italy."

When asked for his feelings on who he thinks will win the F1 title, Rossi said: "Well, I'm a Ferrari fan so I hope (Felipe) Massa wins. However, I honestly think (Lewis) Hamilton will win, in the sense that he has a seven-point advantage. So he's the favourite."

You got every single F1 fact evar, but no culture. :p

BluesBrothers_2.jpg

He is obviously forming a jazz band. Congrats Rossi for a brilliant year.

Oh Shit! This looks to be the Ducati MotoGP bike overtaking the World Superbike Kawasaki.

[YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcbeziYdJM[/YOUTUBE]

^Kthxbye :D

Nice vid.. I was wondering how much faster a motogp bike really is..

BTW. Did anyone see the Worldsbk race yesterday? It was held on a new track in Portugal, Portimao i belive...
It was an absolutely brilliant track!!

edit. Next seasons Worldsbk is gonna be epic!! With 14(!!) full factory bikes!!

Last edited:
^That probably would be funny if i could understand it... :p

??h?.. And according to the Eurosport commentators: A real asshole.....

The provisional entry list for the 2009 season has been released:

3. DANI PEDROSA, REPSOL HONDA TEAM
4. ANDREA DOVIZIOSO, REPSOL HONDA TEAM
5. COLIN EDWARDS, TECH 3 YAMAHA
7. CHRIS VERMEULEN, RIZLA SUZUKI MOTOGP
14. RANDY DE PUNIET, LCR HONDA MOTOGP
15. ALEX DE ANGELIS, SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI
21. JOHN HOPKINS, KAWASAKI RACING TEAM
24. TONI ELIAS, SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI
27. CASEY STONER, DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM
33. MARCO MELANDRI, KAWASAKI RACING TEAM
36. MIKA KALLIO, PRAMAC RACING
46. VALENTINO ROSSI, FIAT YAMAHA TEAM
52. JAMES TOSELAND, TECH 3 YAMAHA
59. SETE GIBERNAU, GRUPO FRANCISCO HERNANDO
65. LORIS CAPIROSSI, RIZLA SUZUKI MOTOGP
69. NICKY HAYDEN, DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM
72. YUKI TAKAHASHI, SCOT RACING TEAM MOTOGP
88. NICCOLO CANEPA, PRAMAC RACING
99. JORGE LORENZO, FIAT YAMAHA TEAM

I've been reading the same stories about Kawasaki pulling out all over the internet too. Marco Melandri and John Hopkins aren't sure what is going on either, based on some reports.

More recent updates can be found at:

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2008/12/30/confirmed_kawasaki_out_of_motogp.html

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=13297

If Kawasaki do leave, it may result in a grid of just 17 bikes starting, one short of what the FIM require to be an officially sanctioned world championship. One wonders what MotoGP series boss Carmelo Ezpeleta will do...

Whatever the outcome, World Superbikes is looking better with each passing day!