The official 2008 season MotoGP thread!

such a shame that Kawasaki is pulling out, I guess it was inevitable that motogp would affected by the crisis but still... :cry: I read that Hopkins might ride on a 3rd Suzuki, hopefully there will be a bike available for Marco too.

"The end of MotoGP"

"they dominated the end of the 20th century, then an economic crisis led to their extinction"

big_fine_motogp_ruggeri.jpg

Last edited:
I am obviously cheering for Ducati, and I think there is a good chance we might get a Italian world champion on an Italian bike for the first time since Agostini on the MV Agusta in 1972!

I just chuckled a little bit reading this quote now in January of 09. :D

In terms of predictions completely bombing...I do believe we have a winner hehe.

But yeah it would have been cool... I lived in Firenze for a few months in 07 at the start of Stoner's championship run....it was pretty exciting. Especially going to Bologna!

I do hope Hayden makes a comeback this year eh :)

Do you often go to Mugello? I was there for an Italian Superbike round on April 22nd 2007. First time I ever saw a 1098 in race trim. Had the R6 cup and 125s and all that. Hadn't seen 2 strokes race since the British GP at Donington in 04! (I go to the Laguna round of the Championship each year and unfortunately the 2 strokes do not make it across the pond :( )

I know the Borgo San Lorenzo area is a bit south of Milano....but I was just curious. I imagine you go to Monza though :D

ps...Forza Viola!!!!

pfft.

Sampdoria... pfft.

merda. :p

Actually I have nothing against samp. Though... Siena, Juve, and Milan are all on my s***list. Berlusconi...pfft.

Wish I had known ya when I lived there! Could have met up for a race. Are you originally American or what?

Haha why would you wish you were American? That's a rather peculiar thing to want for anyone European :p