The official 2010 season MotoGP thread!

WooT! good job america! Nicky on the front row with benspies on pole. Boy I hope one of them wins and Jorge ends up in 4th or something.

whats with vali though? he's losing the front end quite a bit now - he's crashed more in the last 2 race weekends than I've seen in the last few years! Has he lost it - thus trying to push harder? I doubt he's given up on the yamaha team already.

Nice race.

Sad about Peter Lenz tough, only 13, RIP :(

^
Sorry, I hadn?t heard about that, really tough for a 13yo. The BBC only showed the GP and not the support races, they may have mentioned it at the end, but I got a phone call near the end so the TV sound was off.

I was impressed by Ben Spies this weekend, and well done to Dani for the win.

Indianapolis MotoGP result:

1. Dani Pedrosa (Spn) Honda 47:31.615
2. Ben Spies (US) Yamaha 47:35.190
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Spn) Yamaha 47:38.427
4. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 47:44.248
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Honda 47:53.500
6. Nicky Hayden (US) Ducati 48:06.753
7. Marco Simoncelli (Ita) Honda 48:08.355
8. Alvaro Bautista (Spn) Suzuki 48:08.440
9. Aleix Espargaro (Spn) Ducati 48:16.520
10. Hector Barbera (Spn) Ducati 48:22.983

:)

I still can't believe #45 passed, RIP Peter Lenz. :( You were far too young.

It's awful when anybody is killed racing, and the fact that it was a 13-year old killed when hit by a 12 year old is heartbreaking. What I don't agree with though is how certain media outlets are using it as an excuse to try and ban young children from racing- these children have an amazing passion for their racing and would be pretty aware of the risks at that age.

No matter what though, it's a huge tragedy, and the world has definitely lost a future champion. RIP Lentz, the world is worse off without you.

Another rather bad story- Fonzi Nieto, Moto2 rider broke his heel and ankle this weekend. Had surgery on it, but obviously something went wrong as he was in excruciating pain. They gave him stronger painkillers, which he had an adverse reaction to- to the point where he was in respiratory arrest (only for 40 seconds fortunately) and lost consciousness. He's got to have more surgery to fix it all up now, so he's out for a while. Shame, as I was following him in Moto2 (former WSBK guy!)

R.I.P Peter Lenz.

Always terrible when anyone loses their life but it's made worse when they're so very young.

Rossi started a war of words with Stoner, saying it is difficult to judge the potential of the Ducati because Casey is not riding at 100%.

Stoner quickly replied that Rossi is beeing beaten by his own teammate (ironic, since Hayden was faster than him today in practice).

I can't help but think that this is typical Rossi psychological warfare, specially since he his 5 points behind Stoner right now.

Rossi started a war of words with Stoner, saying it is difficult to judge the potential of the Ducati because Casey is not riding at 100%.

Stoner quickly replied that Rossi is beeing beaten by his own teammate (ironic, since Hayden was faster than him today in practice).

I can't help but think that this is typical Rossi psychological warfare, specially since he his 5 points behind Stoner right now.

Told my dad about this (he's a pretty big Stoner fan, has to put up with mum and I!! :lol:) and he laughed his butt off. Probably a bit of showing off too on both their parts, having a bit of a lark and all!

Either way, this weekend's going to be AWESOME. SBK Race 1, MotoGP race and SBK race 2 all on the one night! I won't be able to contain myself!!!! :D

Shoya Tomizawa died from his injuries, may he ride in peace.

Just heard about it... RIP :/

Revise my previous statement I guess- this has been one of the worst weeks in motorbike racing I think. RIP Lenz, Tomizawa, Adam and Bradshaw.

Just watched a rip of the race... and the accident.

Horrifying. Horrifying. :( And it's the second time in two years someone around my age is killed in high-profile international motorsport... it just makes it more disturbing and even sadder.

I found out when the BBC announced it at the end of the MotoGP race, they didn?t show the accident though and I wouldn?t have wanted to watch it anyway. Sucks, to check out at that age. :(

RIP Tomi #48, that's very sad.

A friend of mine told me a Japanese rider had died before I could watch the race, and it was quite surreal and sad watching it knowing this was going to happen :(

Too upset to post anything last night after watching the accident. Two deaths in a week :cry:

Shoya Tomizawa R.I.P and my condolences to all family & friends.

RIP Tomi #48, that's very sad.

A friend of mine told me a Japanese rider had died before I could watch the race, and it was quite surreal and sad watching it knowing this was going to happen :(

I didn't see any of the 125/Moto2 races, and my parents didn't see much of the MotoGP race. We've all decided that it's getting deleted off our hard drive ASAP and nobody is watching it. I've spent all of today still feeling sick and numb, which I think a lot of people still feel- this week has definitely been a big wake-up call for the motorbike racing community after so many years of continuous highs.