The official 2010 season MotoGP thread!

Great race. I'm very glad that Rossi could capitalise on Stoner's DNF. Also very surprised that Lorenzo managed to elbow through to claim P2.

I wonder why Stoner crashed out...

Just to let ALL AMERICANS know!! SPEED is airing the MotoGP Grand Prix of Spain LIVE at 8 EST tomorrow morning. This is the first time I think I've ever seen Speed air a European round of the championship live. This must be a new thing for them on weekends when there is no Formula 1 race.

So watch out fellow Americans! We can now watch the race LIVE!!!

The 125 and moto2 races where epic!!
The motogp race was pretty boring but turned into a 2 lap bar-fight in the end! :D
Also, Hayden beat Stoner on pure pace!

It's official, Jorge Lorenzo is a lunatic. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

EDIT: Oops, Dani's said something nasty on live TV...

First MotoGP race I've watched live in 2 years. Found a BBC stream for it... can't wait to see it pop up on RU to listen to Toby&Jules, the last two laps should be full volume from those two.

Last edited:
:rofl: We need ponds in F1....

I finally got around to watching it this morning. Amazing race, at least amazing finish. I was sad to see Danni lose, but it's was still a great fight to watch. After the race was hilarious, with Lorenzo's celebration and Pedrosa's interview.

Pedrosa

And who's filling Stoner's seat?

My guess, Rossi, and Spies move up to the Fiat Yamaha team.

I don't know about Pedrosa leaving Honda but i would really love to see Rossi in red !!!! And one question...Spies is on a Tech3 contract or a Yamaha contract?

If I remember correctly, he signed for two years with Yamaha at the end of his WSBK year (so for 2010 & 2011), with 2010 planned for WSBK, and 2011 assumed to be in GP.

Things got shuffled around and he was moved up to GP 1 year earlier than planned.

So I would guess he is still under a two year yamaha contract (2010-2011), and having done his mandatory "satellite team for rookies" year at tech-3, I would expect him to ride the factory bike next year if Rossi or Lorenzo leave.

MotoGP this weekend : )

Rossi looks very strong at the first practice, setting the fastest prac time. ^^

Full qualifying times from the French MotoGP, round three of the 2010 world championship.

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 33.408s
2. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 33.462s
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1m 33.573s
4. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.824s
5. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.845s
6. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 34.074s
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 34.204s
8. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 34.304s
9. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 34.306s
10. Aleix Espargaro SPA Pramac Racing 1m 34.514s
11. Marco Melandri ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 34.523s
12. Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 34.920s