The official 2010 season MotoGP thread!

Stoner is not having a good year so far.

Stoner is not having a good year so far.

Agreed, and judging by the little hissy fit and cry he had after he went off, he doesn't look to be in the right mindset to pull himself back into winning form. Spies had the right opinion there- "yeah, I crashed, but I know what happened and I'm raring to get going on prep for the next round" (paraphrased of course).

Lorenzo is also very amusing. I want him to keep winning just to see what he comes up with as far as post-win shenanigans next. :lol:

Yeah, i think it's safe to say that Stoner won't be riding for Ducati next year, now when he is being beaten by his teammate. Not to mention that Honda is refusing to answer any questions about it too.

Julian Ryder on Twitter... and bad news for Rossi:

Vale down and he's hurt. Highside

Stretcher for Vale - he has a high pain threshold and his right leg is giving him grief

http://twitter.com/MotoGPJules

EDIT: Update from both Toby and Jules on Twitter suggests the possibility of a dislocated or even broken ankle... if this is true, then the MotoGP title is probably a foregone conclusion as of today.

EDIT 2: OUCH! Broken shinbone for Rossi.

Last edited:
NO!

:( I can't believe it. This has screwed up this years season completely.

Sources say Rossi will have to miss at least four races. On current form, this pretty much hands Lorenzo the MotoGP title. Also, apparently this will be the first race Rossi will miss since he started his career at the 125cc level.

Video:

Last edited:
Jesus christ that is terrible...

Poor guy, he was going really well this year (apart from being slightly shown up by his teammate, but that's not too bad). I read on some site I got on 3G web (so the first news link that popped up) that he is out for 2-3- months minimum, and that is if there are no coplications/setbacks. Again, poor Rossi, that's pretty much the championship decimated for him :(

(was texting my mum about this, and she was saying that it wil gve Stoner a chance. My reply? "He'll just crash. Again." Guy still looks to be in the wong mindset to me, needs to get over it and look forward)

I think Rossi will sit our this season and get properly healed.. He was getting surgery on his shoulder after this season, he might opt to get that done aswell..

Sources say Rossi will have to miss at least four races. On current form, this pretty much hands Lorenzo the MotoGP title. Also, apparently this will be the first race Rossi will miss since he started his career at the 125cc level.

Video: *snipped*

Ugh gay copyrights not letting me watch.

I think Rossi will sit our this season and get properly healed.. He was getting surgery on his shoulder after this season, he might opt to get that done aswell..

I agree, he doesn't need to scrounge for points at the end of the year. He has nothing to prove. Sad though, this's Lorenzos season to lose now.

Thing is though, I think if anyone wins the championship it'll mean less now that Rossi is gone. There will be this niggling feeling telling them that they won, but they didn't really. Kind of like Schumacher in 1994.

I don't follow MotoGP anywhere near as closely as other motorsports but fucking damn that's disappointing! I can only imagine there'll be an incredibly hollow feeling for all the fans for the rest of the season, even those who really dislike Rossi, especially if no one else can realistically bring the challenge to Lorenzo.

It'll be as boring a forgone conclusion as the WRC titles this year. :-(

Damn...

I'm only just now settling down to watch the race with commentary courtesy of Toby&Jules. Had an exam during the time of the race, fried my brain with it.