The official start time on Friday.

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Amazon Prime has confirmed the launch time for The Grand Tour, the new Amazon Prime Video show from Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

The show will launch at 00:01 GMT on Friday 18th November, with new episodes released weekly for 12 weeks.

Amazon Prime members can watch The Grand Tour via the Amazon Video app on smart TVs, streaming media players ? including FireTV and FireTV Stick ? Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, Wii U, on iOS and Android phones and tablets, and on the web. ? Official Press Release from The Grand Tour

Also, if you have not heard, it will be available in 200 additional countries in Dec this year.

https://youtu.be/wRkNMvK8UEE

Stupid question, but does that mean if it starts at 00:01 GMT, it will be showing everywhere at that time, or does it mean it starts at 12:01 a.m. wherever we are, which is what I thought it would be? Because 00:01 GMT Friday the 18th would only be 6:01 p.m. on Thursday the 17th for me. (Told you it was a stupid question.:blush:)

I don't know. I wondered that myself.

What's there to wonder, I wonder? :D
00:01 GMT Friday the 18th is a precise specification. Unless Amazon doesn't know what GMT means, It'll be available on Thursday for you.

Perhaps it geographically checks your location?

Perhaps it geographically checks your location?

That wouldn't make sense though since 00:01 GMT is the same everywhere regardless or location.

No, the time is what it is, I was referring to the release countries.

I'm not talking about time in any way.

Huh? You weren't referring to it starting at one minute after midnight in each time zone?

No. i interpreted jackbauer's post above as "how is it released in certain countries only."

I reiterate, it's a stupid question, but it's a valid one. When the start date was announced, it was November 18th. It may be November 18th in parts of the world that use GMT, but in other parts of the world, that don't use GMT, it's still November 17th. At no time, at least to my knowledge, was it stated that it would be a "global" release. That's where the confusion comes in. At least for me. Simplest thing to do is just wait 4 hours and 45 minutes and see what happens.:)

:huh:

No part of the world use GMT as it's time zone, GMT is specifically made to be used anywhere.

I think the point that is being made it that in some countries it will be available on the 17th because of the time difference from GMT.

:huh:

No part of the world use GMT as it's time zone, GMT is specifically made to be used anywhere.

I did not know that. Thanks for the clarification!

I think the point that is being made it that in some countries it will be available on the 17th because of the time difference from GMT.

That is exactly the point, thank you!

Last edited:
So, everybody else gets it in DEC? Great job Amazon, I'm sure people will be more than happy to patiently wait a few weeks while people from the proper release date countries discuss the new show at lenght online and get everything spoilered. :lol:

Move over GOT, this will be the new most pirated show in history.

But the void thing is, if you do have to wait for Dec, all that you missed will be there waiting for you. Then you will get them when they come out.

It's only going to be a couple episodes of lag anyway (for people outside the first few countries). Then everyone can get it at the same time.