Ownership Verified: The Other Hybrid in the Forums - My Honda CR-Z

Vltros

Car(s)
2011 Honda CR-Z 1977 Ford Fiesta MK1
It's been only three years since I bought my first NEW car. I love the Focus and I still think it's the best handling hatchback in the market. But I always though it was a little bit underpowered. It was fun but I wanted something a little bit more exciting.

So here's my brand new Honda CR-Z. I always wanted to have one and I finally got the opportunity to own one. It's a GT Spec so it comes with a lot of stuff (bluetooth hands free, heated seats, xenon headlights, parking sensors etc.).

And here's proof:

Last edited by a moderator:

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
1 out of however many hybrids I would happily drive or ride in without a bag on my head.

Enjoy it :D

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
The car looks fantastic inside and out, but the 'hybrid' part bugs me.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
"Other" hybrid?

Anyway, I love the look of it. Congrats!

TC

aka TomCat
Awesome, congrats!

I got to check a few of those out at my local Honda dealership and I was really impressed with it. I especially loved the interior.

p0w3r

Car(s)
2010 Acura TSX
i really like the cr-z...if it was cheaper i would get one as a daily runabout

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
Grantz for getting the only Hybrid anyone should buy, especialy love the speedo so aircraft,

...hmm.

Anyway, great car, has anyone thought to race it against a CRX-si yet? People complain it isnt fast enough, but if it as just as good as the original with a warrantee and 40mpg, whats not to love?

Vltros

Car(s)
So far so good! THe car works and responds like a charm.

The torque the electric motors gve at low revs is pretty cool. And the ECO game (with RPG inspired leveling) that car has makes at least ECO driving fun. And gas mileage is really good too.

I'm really surprised with it.

Vltros

Car(s)
Definetly!

Of course it's not a Clio 197 nor Scirocco 2.0 TSI but the way the electric motors work and the torque they put at low revs is impressive. Also the handlig is really precise and fast with the steering wheel sensitivity changing depending on the mode you are using (softer on ECO and very hard in Sport). Also the gearchange is fast and has very good feel.

And after some "speed" tests all I can say is the car definetly goes faster than the claimed top speed and 0 to 100km/h.

Vltros

Car(s)
Last week I did some drag races against a friend's Miata (the 1.8l) and the CR-Z didn't dissapoint. The torque from 0 revs up to the V-TEC is phenomenal.

And the best thing of all is the change of the exhaust sound when you are in sport mode. The V-TEC kicked in me yo! :lol:

Vltros

Car(s)
Wow it's been a long time since I updated!

The car works like a charm. I've tested it in some cool roads arouns where I live and it grips and behaves really well. Almost no body roll (the suspension stiffness also helps) and really fun to drive. It's like the old CR-X or a Miata, you don't need too much bhp to have fun. Just a little fun car. Gas mileage it's pretty decent too. Of course if I'm driving in Sport mode you simply can't achieve the 5 l/100 km they advertise. But you can't achive them either in normal mode so it's only possible in ECO mode (which sucks). But diriving it every week to work and back and also doing city driving it manages 6l/100km which it isn't bad either.