The Panorama Thread [56k = no, expect widescreen stuff]

These look absolutely stunning, I'm definitely having a go at this when i can be bothered :D

Luckily i have a big hill about just up the road i can use for panoramic shots, it's a great view too, but doesn't compare to most of yours.

I downloaded a trial of AutoPano Pro but my pictures don't come out too well. Even if I use a tripod and make sure the lighting is similar, it still doesn't look very good when stitched together.

Any recommendations?

Use autostitch. It seems to have a bit better results, at least for me. And on horizontal panning shots it seems to preserve more of the height, autopano is too agressive on that...

This is the hill i mentioned near my house. Not a very impressive location I admit, but for a first try I'm still quite impressed. It's made from 22 pictures :)

http://img184.imageshack.**/img184/4118/panorama1de2.jpg

Matt that's pretty nice, I like how the curvature of the earth is shown.

This photo is ridiculously big, so I've thumbnailed it. Click for the full version! I forgot that moving waves don't work so well in panoramas... oh well.

This is the hill i mentioned near my house. Not a very impressive location I admit, but for a first try I'm still quite impressed. It's made from 22 pictures :)

Wow, you really compressed that one...

That's awesome. I can see my house across the water!

You were at Spanish Banks, right?

This photo is ridiculously big, so I've thumbnailed it. Click for the full version! I forgot that moving waves don't work so well in panoramas... oh well.

I think the endlessly repeating boat is more obvious than the waves :D

Actually, they're all different boats! They're anchored there, probably waiting to go into the harbour.

That's awesome. I can see my house across the water!

You were at Spanish Banks, right?

Yup, from Spanish Banks. It was really nice, but super cold. As soon as the beach went into shadow (about 5 minutes before that shot) the temperature dropped to below zero!

Love the very busy shipping lane there flamingice!

This isn't a too interesting scene, but was taken on my phone.

It is of a park by where I go to school, and was flooded a couple of days ago, as the River Medway flows right next to it. This is just lots of still standing water. There were even some swans on it :lol:

http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/6244/tonbridgeminiqy4.jpg

Cliffs of Mohare, Ireland, august '07

thumbnailed it, it's 2000PX wide.

:cool:

I just tried Autostitch and it seems to work better.

I also found out it was developed by some blokes at my alma mater UBC. That's pretty cool!

Use autostitch. It seems to have a bit better results, at least for me. And on horizontal panning shots it seems to preserve more of the height, autopano is too agressive on that...

I'm not sure this qualifies as a pano... it's the bottom of a full-size pic I took from my bedroom of the tip of Vancouver (UBC area). It snowed so the city is covered in some type of really low fog it seems.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/29/UBCPano.jpg

Even though I said I like Autostitch better then Auto Pano I wanna try a few things with it, but I seem to have misplaced my copy of it. Can anybody help out with a 1.4? I seem to find that only for macs... Pm me!