The Perfect Road Trip 2

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito

Let's just hope it really is a great roadtrip and not too much cocking about. The one last year was alright, but could've been better.

Maybe next year they should do James May's perfect road trip and they could have him do it with Ben Collins who will spend most of the trip writing a book.

Hopefully they get the LaFerrari and 918 along with that P1.

Okay, Hammond has just confessed that he once owned a Gallardo. I have no idea when, for how long, what color, what version, nothing. This is completely new to me. Anybody's got a clue?

I think I read somewhere that after Clarkson got his, Hammond liked it so much that he bought one for himself. And I think it was black. That's all I know.

Last edited:
I wonder why they picked that release date. Surely it's closer to the holidays, but also to the holiday special. Maybe it would have been better to release it more evenly between seasons, to help that in-between-seasons-craving. I certainly would have appreciated it, but I'm happy if we get something extra at all.

Next time I'd like to see a Jezza n' James special.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can I just say how much I hate dickheads like Hammond (not him personally, just the showoff-y driving-like-a-pimp type). I observed this a couple of Top Gear seasons ago, but I didn't pay that much attention to it. Now the fucking penny dropped.

You all saw that he crashed the Jag, I thought maybe there was some continuity thing in the trailer. I am watching the subj now and it seems there isn't, and the whole time he's driving the Jaguar on the track he's mumbling how it likes to slide and how he's not good at driving on a track, yet he holds the steering wheel with 4 fucking fingers and powerslides with one fucking hand. And you can see when the shit gets serious he's totally lost and his hands are fucking nowhere, he crosses hands and even puts one on the other for a moment.
I am so mad I didn't even watch it till the end. This is totally unacceptable for me - that a host of a driving (entertaining, yeah whatever) show does that kind of thing. That's the basics of driving, driving position and hands on the wheel. Both of them. Almost Always. Especially when driving competitively. :mad:

What a prick

Last edited:
Can I just say how much I hate dickheads like Hammond (not him personally, just the showoff-y driving-like-a-pimp type). I observed this a couple of Top Gear seasons ago, but I didn't pay that much attention to it. Now the fucking penny dropped.

You all saw that he crashed the Jag, I thought maybe there was some continuity thing in the trailer. I am watching the subj now and it seems there isn't, and the whole time he's driving the Jaguar on the track he's mumbling how it likes to slide and how he's not good at driving on a track, yet he holds the steering wheel with 4 fucking fingers and powerslides with one fucking hand. And you can see when the shit gets serious he's totally lost and his hands are fucking nowhere, he crosses hands and even puts one on the other for a moment.
I am so mad I didn't even watch it till the end. This is totally unacceptable for me - that a host of a driving (entertaining, yeah whatever) show does that kind of thing. That's the basics of driving, driving position and hands on the wheel. Both of them. Almost Always. Especially when driving competitively. :mad:

What a prick
Aren't you over reacting? Accidents tend to happen, even the best drivers are not safe from it. Besides, losing the tail in a tail happy car, especially the one 'which doesn't know anything but to slide' ... It can be a bit challenging.

And if you really want to see Hammond driving skills, watch the older episodes of Top Gear show. This guy holds a racing licence for a reason.

I expained pretty clear who and why I hate. I have nothing against Hammond as a person, husband, father, son [...].
Here are the best parts:
polonyk said:
not him personally, just the showoff-y driving-like-a-pimp type
polonyk said:
mumbling how it likes to slide and how he's not good at driving on a track
polonyk said:
he holds the steering wheel with 4 fucking fingers and powerslides with one fucking hand
polonyk said:
when the shit gets serious he's totally lost and his hands are fucking nowhere, he crosses hands and even puts one on the other

Racing licence? Google how hard it is to get one. The entry level one is 20 minutes of DVD, the meaning of different flags and some laps around the track to learn what's an apex and a racing line. Give me a break.

EDIT:
Accidents tend to happen
No. They. Fucking. Do. Not.
Someone. Fucks. Up.

EDIT 2:
I'm not being hostile, it just comes out that way.
I just really hate showoff cunts who lack the responsibility gene, because I learned it the hard way and there's a what if always in my head.
So yeah, maybe I am over-reacting, yet I don't consider myself to be wrong.

I'll even rep you :cheers:

Last edited:
Delivering a lecture over 'responsibility gene' and judging people on the basis of just a movie. You don't know what goes behind your back so better not comment on the perosnality profiles of other people.

Also, you raised a point that he is holding steering wheel with four fingers. You should also take notice of the "Flappy Paddle Gearbox". If you notice Clarkson in that video, he is also holding the steering wheel the same way. And there is a good reason for it (hint: gear change).

Rewind the accident video multiple times and notice that he tired to save it, but couldn't because of massive loss of traction.

Anyway ...

Dude, stop putting words that I didn't say in my mouth. Lecture? Where?

I didn't even say that it should be illegal to drive like that. I did say that it is unacceptable for me, in this particular case, because Hammond is on TV and he should know better.
Every single one in the world can drive with their feet if they want, I can't stop that. I wouldn't want to stop that. I am not a communist.
BUT, I will get annoyed if I see them driving like dicks, and mad as fuck if someone crashed into me because of that.

It's the same thing as taking, texting, eating, drinking, smoking, listening to bullshit music [...] while driving.

hint: gear change
How many times did he changed gers, by the way, during that one-hand-powerslide which led to the panic, useless hand movements and the accident?...

he tired to save it, but couldn't because of massive loss of traction
What kind of excuse is that? Why did he lose traction? Why did the car went that way? Why didn't he correct it? Do you see the vicious circle? Who's in control the middle of all this?
Who should we blame - Jaguar? The tyres manufacturer? The track staff? The track designer? The grass? The sand? God?

Last edited:
What kind of excuse is that? Why did he lose traction? Why did the car went that way? Why didn't he correct it? Do you see the vicious circle? Who's in control the middle of all this?
Who should we blame - Jaguar? The tyres manufacturer? The track staff? The track designer? The grass? The sand? God?
Nice, so you are going to that level now.

Do you remember the accident The Stig had on the Top Gear test track, with a Koenigsegg CCX? Heck are you even involved in an accident of this nature in any moment of your life?

Anyway ... maybe you were watching it more than what was actually there.