The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
I bought of case of Pepsi Throwback last night... it's kind of funny that I wanted it in Canada for so long, and just a few weeks after coming back from the US myself they start selling it here.

No big display at Walmart though like Superstore apparently has up - their shelves were fully stocked at the time and they had 1/4 as many Throwbacks as other types of pop.

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
My family just got a sodastream.

the soda water comes out good, but the syrups are a bit meh. does anyone know where one can get some real soda syrup?
Check out some Torani syrups - they're available at most any decent supermarket. (Except maybe Hannaford's) The only drawback is that they don't have a cola syrup - they're mostly fruit based syrups along with various vanilla, chocolate, and mint flavors. And if you're feeling particularly adventurous, they have a bacon syrup. Mmmm, bacon soda. :drool:

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I'm glad White Out won the Dewmocracy vote. It's slightly grapefruity-citrus. Makes me think about how I remember Fresca tasting. Not exactly, but tasty. Still has something, though, that reminds me of Mt Dew. While I liked the other two, the green one was just too lime-y and I couldn't imagine it catching on, and the red one was sort of a fruit-punch Mt Dew, but they already have Code Red which was fairly similar.

Did anyone else think Live Wire was a lost marketing opportunity? I mean...they aleady had Code Red. How about "Orange Alert."

[toosoon?] or "Agent Orange."[/toosoon?]

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
I'm glad White Out won the Dewmocracy vote. It's slightly grapefruity-citrus. Makes me think about how I remember Fresca tasting. Not exactly, but tasty. Still has something, though, that reminds me of Mt Dew. While I liked the other two, the green one was just too lime-y and I couldn't imagine it catching on, and the red one was sort of a fruit-punch Mt Dew, but they already have Code Red which was fairly similar.

Did anyone else think Live Wire was a lost marketing opportunity? I mean...they aleady had Code Red. How about "Orange Alert."

[toosoon?] or "Agent Orange."[/toosoon?]

really? I liked the green one a lot. like a margarita soda.

t3h r0x0rs

Not so Well-known member
Just picked up some Pepsi Throwback from Wal-Mart today. Very tasty, just like I remembered. Does anyone know if they had Mountain Dew Throwback in Canada too, or if it'll be available soon?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
The grocery store I was in today had a big display, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Curiosity cola tastes like semi-flat, but still high-quality, cola with a teabag in it. Dandelion and Burdock was interesting, but not something I'd buy again.