The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2013 Ford Focus SE, 2002 Subaru WRX
Coke Zero No Sugar

Coke Zero No Sugar

OK - finally tried the new stuff today and have mixed feelings. It IS 'sweeter' and still has the signature 'Coke' taste, but... it's much less 'crisp' than the old Coke Zero.

Will I continue to drink it? Yeah, probably, because there's really nothing else out there that I like well enough to switch to.

SL

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I'm trying to be good and not drink a whole lot of soda, but I had to try this.

It's, uh, interesting. What's on the label is exactly what's in the tin, er, plastic... It's a salted caramel flavored cola. I don't dislike it, but it wouldn't be my go to soda.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I had mine yesterday. I've had butterscotch root beer before, and I was hoping for something like that. I think they could have done better with a "caramel cream" flavor with some vanilla, but it's not as trendy as "salted caramel". I will say they they did somehow capture the "salted" flavor without it seeming actually salty.

Note that I'm actually a fan of salted caramel, where it's a few flakes of sea salt on a good piece of caramel and you get a few pops of the salt on something that's mostly purely sweet. However, when things are flavored as "salted caramel", they really just mean "salty caramel".

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Sounds like this'll be a skip for me. I won't hunt for it but if I see it i might grab it.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
I just finished it and I realize a major problem with it for me. It has sucralose. I don't like artificial sweeteners...

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Don't like the ultra-sweet aftertaste.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Probably since it wasn't the main sweetener, it wasn't as overpowering as full on diet drinks.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2nd favorite all time cola, I think. 2nd only to the long-discontinued Royal Crown Draft Cola. This is less herbaceous than Curiosity Cola from Fenteman's, my former #2, and I prefer it this way. Slightly more ”fake" like ”normal" soda, but Curiosity Cola can also seem too tea-like for me, sometimes. So not my 2nd favorite soda, but 2nd favorite cola-flavored soda.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/6ngaIOW.jpg"}[/IMG2]

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Seems like I've had that, but I can't recall what it tastes like. I'll have to keep an eye out for it and try it again.

Oh and I think this video belongs here:

https://youtu.be/i12XneI2oeA

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
CraigB;n3417680 said:
I'm trying to be good and not drink a whole lot of soda, but I had to try this.

It's, uh, interesting. What's on the label is exactly what's in the tin, er, plastic... It's a salted caramel flavored cola. I don't dislike it, but it wouldn't be my go to soda.

I've had it. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
CraigB;n3543015 said:
Seems like I've had that, but I can't recall what it tastes like. I'll have to keep an eye out for it and try it again.
It has sort of an anise/black licorice flavor underneath it's cola-ness, but not overbearing. The label says it has the sweetness of "plump figs", but I reeeeally had to struggle to rationalize that claim. And even though there's as picture of a fig on the front of the bottle, "fig" isn't listed anywhere in the ingredients.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
I sent the photo of the Swamp Pop to my girlfriend and asked her to keep an eye out while she was out and about since she has the week off. She made a couple stops to look for it, but couldn't find the cola... But she did find this.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/11JU4iu.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It's very good, but I imagine many would call it too sweet. It's kinda like a maple cream soda, with hint of a flavor that reminds me of something almost like a marzipan. I've had an almond soda before, and this reminded me of that a little bit. It's definitely more if a "dessert" soda, while the cola was more of an "anytime" drink.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Dammit! Here I am trying to give up soda and you keep pulling me back in! Luckily I can only find sodas like that at a couple of places out of town.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Pike's Peak Prickly Pear soda. Quite good. I don't know that I've ever had the actual "fruit", only flavored things... But I will say that it seems like it's a more "natural" flavor than the prickly pear lemonade I've had before. The flavor is actually not as strong as some fruit flavored sodas, but still quite tasty. I would say that it's one part sour cherry, one part grape, and 5 parts raspberry.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/NygznsM.jpg"}[/IMG2]