The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

You utter philistines. :may:

The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

Water? Like from the toilet?

Where the fuck do you drink water from? A bottle? Like a fucking child?

Coke Zero No Sugar

Coke Zero No Sugar

OK - finally tried the new stuff today and have mixed feelings. It IS 'sweeter' and still has the signature 'Coke' taste, but... it's much less 'crisp' than the old Coke Zero.

Will I continue to drink it? Yeah, probably, because there's really nothing else out there that I like well enough to switch to.

SL

Any reason to not drink soda with actual sugar? Can you get something like Mr. Cola by you?

I'm trying to be good and not drink a whole lot of soda, but I had to try this.

It's, uh, interesting. What's on the label is exactly what's in the tin, er, plastic... It's a salted caramel flavored cola. I don't dislike it, but it wouldn't be my go to soda.

f4453280ebd225de4737be794ce36047.jpg

8c4ee435f48ff8e9e761aedbaaf38bc1.jpg

I had mine yesterday. I've had butterscotch root beer before, and I was hoping for something like that. I think they could have done better with a "caramel cream" flavor with some vanilla, but it's not as trendy as "salted caramel". I will say they they did somehow capture the "salted" flavor without it seeming actually salty.

Note that I'm actually a fan of salted caramel, where it's a few flakes of sea salt on a good piece of caramel and you get a few pops of the salt on something that's mostly purely sweet. However, when things are flavored as "salted caramel", they really just mean "salty caramel".

Sounds like this'll be a skip for me. I won't hunt for it but if I see it i might grab it.

Do they make you poop?

Same here. They taste oddly bitter, or like Windex. To their credit, i didn't pick up on that in that Pepsi.

Not a fan of salted caramel Pepsi.

2nd favorite all time cola, I think. 2nd only to the long-discontinued Royal Crown Draft Cola. This is less herbaceous than Curiosity Cola from Fenteman's, my former #2, and I prefer it this way. Slightly more ”fake" like ”normal" soda, but Curiosity Cola can also seem too tea-like for me, sometimes. So not my 2nd favorite soda, but 2nd favorite cola-flavored soda.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/6ngaIOW.jpg"}[/IMG2]

CraigB;n3417680 said:
I'm trying to be good and not drink a whole lot of soda, but I had to try this.

It's, uh, interesting. What's on the label is exactly what's in the tin, er, plastic... It's a salted caramel flavored cola. I don't dislike it, but it wouldn't be my go to soda.

f4453280ebd225de4737be794ce36047.jpg

8c4ee435f48ff8e9e761aedbaaf38bc1.jpg

I've had it. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

CraigB;n3543015 said:
Seems like I've had that, but I can't recall what it tastes like. I'll have to keep an eye out for it and try it again.

It has sort of an anise/black licorice flavor underneath it's cola-ness, but not overbearing. The label says it has the sweetness of "plump figs", but I reeeeally had to struggle to rationalize that claim. And even though there's as picture of a fig on the front of the bottle, "fig" isn't listed anywhere in the ingredients.

I sent the photo of the Swamp Pop to my girlfriend and asked her to keep an eye out while she was out and about since she has the week off. She made a couple stops to look for it, but couldn't find the cola... But she did find this.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/11JU4iu.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It's very good, but I imagine many would call it too sweet. It's kinda like a maple cream soda, with hint of a flavor that reminds me of something almost like a marzipan. I've had an almond soda before, and this reminded me of that a little bit. It's definitely more if a "dessert" soda, while the cola was more of an "anytime" drink.

Pike's Peak Prickly Pear soda. Quite good. I don't know that I've ever had the actual "fruit", only flavored things... But I will say that it seems like it's a more "natural" flavor than the prickly pear lemonade I've had before. The flavor is actually not as strong as some fruit flavored sodas, but still quite tasty. I would say that it's one part sour cherry, one part grape, and 5 parts raspberry.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/NygznsM.jpg"}[/IMG2]