The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

I bought of case of Pepsi Throwback last night... it's kind of funny that I wanted it in Canada for so long, and just a few weeks after coming back from the US myself they start selling it here.

No big display at Walmart though like Superstore apparently has up - their shelves were fully stocked at the time and they had 1/4 as many Throwbacks as other types of pop.

My family just got a sodastream.

fj-black_soda_starter-12pack.jpg

the soda water comes out good, but the syrups are a bit meh. does anyone know where one can get some real soda syrup?

you might want to call one of the major "pop" manufacturers and ask if they sell just the syrup to consumers?

My family just got a sodastream.

fj-black_soda_starter-12pack.jpg

the soda water comes out good, but the syrups are a bit meh. does anyone know where one can get some real soda syrup?

Check out some Torani syrups - they're available at most any decent supermarket. (Except maybe Hannaford's) The only drawback is that they don't have a cola syrup - they're mostly fruit based syrups along with various vanilla, chocolate, and mint flavors. And if you're feeling particularly adventurous, they have a bacon syrup. Mmmm, bacon soda. :drool:

I'm glad White Out won the Dewmocracy vote. It's slightly grapefruity-citrus. Makes me think about how I remember Fresca tasting. Not exactly, but tasty. Still has something, though, that reminds me of Mt Dew. While I liked the other two, the green one was just too lime-y and I couldn't imagine it catching on, and the red one was sort of a fruit-punch Mt Dew, but they already have Code Red which was fairly similar.

Did anyone else think Live Wire was a lost marketing opportunity? I mean...they aleady had Code Red. How about "Orange Alert."

[toosoon?] or "Agent Orange."[/toosoon?]

I'm glad White Out won the Dewmocracy vote. It's slightly grapefruity-citrus. Makes me think about how I remember Fresca tasting. Not exactly, but tasty. Still has something, though, that reminds me of Mt Dew. While I liked the other two, the green one was just too lime-y and I couldn't imagine it catching on, and the red one was sort of a fruit-punch Mt Dew, but they already have Code Red which was fairly similar.

Did anyone else think Live Wire was a lost marketing opportunity? I mean...they aleady had Code Red. How about "Orange Alert."

[toosoon?] or "Agent Orange."[/toosoon?]

really? I liked the green one a lot. like a margarita soda.

Oh, I liked it, too...I just couldn't see it being very successfull with the masses.

Just picked up some Pepsi Throwback from Wal-Mart today. Very tasty, just like I remembered. Does anyone know if they had Mountain Dew Throwback in Canada too, or if it'll be available soon?

While we're on soda in glass bottles. Fentmans Dandelion and Burdock. Friggin delicious. The rest of their range is pretty bloody good too.

6%20bottles-CAPS%20RGB.jpg

Fentimans is the Platonic ideal of soda...

Curiosity cola tastes like semi-flat, but still high-quality, cola with a teabag in it. Dandelion and Burdock was interesting, but not something I'd buy again.

wow cherry 7up... i don't think i have seen cherry 7up for years.

We have Cherry 7-Up here in the States....I have a 2 liter bottle of diet cherry 7-up in my fridge right now...

GetImage.aspx