The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

I will need to try that.

Meanwhile, I've been craving

Haven't seen it in over a year and a half. Wikipedia says it was discontinued in 2007, but I swear I saw it in my university school store last fall.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was this

Last edited:
Just a heads up for all you cokeheads from your resident superjew: Passover starts on Friday so Kosher for Passover Coke is around for the next few weeks.

I've had a couple of strawberry sodas recently, and it's become one of my favorites. But this really surprised me:
Saranac_Shirley_Temple_Flavored_Hand_Crafted_Soft_Drinks.jpg

Got it on a complete whim, based on childhood memories of often ordering it at restaurants. It was glorious. Very fruity (mostly cherry) with just a hint of something else that I couldn't identify, but it was just perfect for taking the edge off the sweetness and left no aftertaste.

Yeah, that stuff is pretty good.

This was darn tasty...I just hope it's not lame-ly named after the TV show or movie or whatever it is...
2012-01-1419_19_14.jpg

Not a fan of this one. Pretty dissapointed since their Hawaiian Vanilla cream soda is my absolutle favorite...and as scary/weird as it sounds...it's even better after it's "best by" date.
2012-01-1421_45_31.jpg

Pretty good on first taste, but it does have a strange aftertaste I didn't care for...however it could be that I ate something with it that it didn't go together with, but it's still a very good strawberry soda.
2012-01-1514_58_55.jpg

Save your money:
2012-01-1621_12_15.jpg

Still be favorite:
2012-01-1621_12_56.jpg

Eli's Strawberry was one of the ones I mentioned above, as well as Strawberry crush. Both were very good though quite different (Eli's tasted much more like real strawberries). I'll have to try their Blueberry now.

I drink Coke, Dr. Pepper, or Squirt (don't google image that)
squirtsoda1.jpg

Squirt is a grapefruit flavored soda. I like grapefruit, whether it's a greyhound, a soda or juice. Another good soda is Ting which I remember from visiting Jamaica. There's a restaurant in Galveston that makes a vodka cocktail with it. "My Pink Ting"

I tried Ting recently, pink and grapefruit flavored. Didn't like it. But I'm a major sweet tooth

I used to like Fresca (original recipe from years and years ago...it's not the same) until one day I realized that the after taste reminded me of the taste of vomit.

I'm not convinced. Every so often when drinking grapefruit juice, or have a grapefruit piece of candy, I still get a hint of it. :p

I've had a couple of strawberry sodas recently, and it's become one of my favorites. But this really surprised me:
Saranac_Shirley_Temple_Flavored_Hand_Crafted_Soft_Drinks.jpg

Got it on a complete whim, based on childhood memories of often ordering it at restaurants. It was glorious. Very fruity (mostly cherry) with just a hint of something else that I couldn't identify, but it was just perfect for taking the edge off the sweetness and left no aftertaste.

Shirley Temples are made with grenadine, which is a syrup made from pomegranates. Maybe that's what you're tasting.

I love strawberry sodas. I've got to find some Eli's strawberry. All I ever see around here is the blueberry or the root beer.

Shirley Temples are made with grenadine, which is a syrup made from pomegranates. Maybe that's what you're tasting.

I love strawberry sodas. I've got to find some Eli's strawberry. All I ever see around here is the blueberry or the root beer.

Can anyone confirm that grenadine is still pomegranate? I mean i know thats what its SUPPOSED to be, but hell i taste nothing. Just seems like syrup and RED 40.

Rose's says that their grenadine introduces "the uniquely sweet taste of pomegranate to numerous popular drinks."

But the ingredients listed on their website just say "natural & artificial flavors." :mad:

From what I could find before, Grenadine is often just a red fruity syrup that has little specific meaning anymore, could be raspberry or cherry or something.

I tried Pepsi "Next" the other day...mehh

I didn't want a double Dr Pepper, so went for a Cherry Coke... Mmmm tastes like cardboard.