The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Today, our group went sight seeing in Washington DC from Midnight until 2:30am, didn't get a lot of sleep before heading to the airport but it was something we all wanted to do and it was an absolute blast. And getting to sleep in my own bed tonight after being in a hotel for five days is another reason to be happy.

Another one?

Because I quit my current job and signed the contract for the next one. 26 working days left at the old place. :)

Today was a great day because I got to help another motorist in need. :)

She was standing at a light with her hazards on (where the white Mondeo stands) which was a pretty unfortunate position because that's one of the two lanes you can take for transitioning from one Autobahn to another and it was Friday afternoon. When I approached her I saw she had three little girls in the car, but fortunately they didn't whinge so she couldn't have been standing there for that long. She was on the phone with the ADAC, the roadside assistant would have needed about 20-30 minutes to get there. She broke out her jumper cables (that's a rarity: a woman having jumper cables in the car and knowing where they are :p) and we got the car running in 5 minutes, cancelling the ADAC afterwards. :)

It's noon, and the skys are grey, but I'm going out for a drive!

I've met an old friend, shown her around town on a day with brilliant weather, chatted for hours on end and now that I'm home again, the radio is playing music that I love. A new season of TG starts tonight and tomorrow, my g/f is coming here for a week. :happy:

I booked my plane tickets to Australia (flying out on Sunday), and I will fly on Singapore Airlines :D

Wrong side of the country, Perth.

Damn, so close..... *not*

Today sucked balls. But this evening went to dinner with friends and had one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Add some rather nice wine, and all is well with the world again :)

Hit the slopes today for the first time in nearly a year and for only my 7th ever day, wondering what I'd remembered.

Two sighting runs down the nursery slopes then a timed slalom and after lunch knocked 10 minutes off last year's time down an Olympic downhill run.

And my instructor fell over as many times as I did and only one of them was my fault! :dance:

Plus managed to bump into DaBoom and his friend so Dearest gave the two whippersnappers a run for their money down said downhill course. Damn that girl can ski!

I had my last day at my old workplace today, and now I have vacation till the end on the month. :)

:woot: when does the party start?