The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

It could be that reading through all that data while making the backup was the last nail in the hard drive's coffin. Glad you managed to save your pictures, that's a good reminder how important backups are :thumbup:

Yep, I humbly step over into the "weekly backups" corner from now on. Lesson learned.

speaking of... :whistle:

by the by, what do you guys use to do your backups? at an interval of 18 months, i can see simply drag and drop being an option, but i'm currently using microsofts synctoy, because it's simple and sort of light weight. however, scheduling automatic backups isn't one of its strong suits, since that has to be done via windows' task scheduler thingy, which i'm simply not familiar with. so, i manually launch it in irregular intervals and let it do its thing.

i just realized this is the positivity thread, will quote over to random thoughts tech.

Last edited:
British boy band, IIRC... don't know if they're still being sold.

Kind of figured that was the case.

Best you don't know the answer to that question.

there is a reason I don't search out everything everyone says online. My curious as a cat nature died online about the time Win 95 was going out.

Went to the dentist for anual check-up. Nothing wrong with my teeth.

tumblr_mdtnb9v5wn1qgggdt.gif

The forum I assist at came back up today. There was a fatal hard drive issue when the site owner and the admin went on vacation. Damn their fishing trip! :shakefist: lol

I have a job interview in the morning. I did not apply or send a resume but they got my resume from the local workforce development center and gave me a call. We talked for a little while about the job and my knowledge of the process, at the end they asked for my references. They called back later to set up an interview. I am supposed to start a job on Monday that is 200 miles away. I am planning on starting the job on Mon. but if I get a decent offer from the interview I will accept it 20 miles beats 200.

Picked up my grandma from the hospital, and she's doing better. She will stay at our place for a couple days and then go to my aunt's. We went shopping, cooked, watched the World Cup games, and it was good to see her in good spirits after a month of being sent from hospital to care center back to hospital again.

My shades broke - left side arm this time after the right one had to be replaced last year.

Went into a branch of Vision Express and left them there to be fixed only to get a message on my phone that they couldn't track down that particular frame anywhere in their branch network but that they were a flawed design and that I was welcome to go in and choose some new ones to the same value to chip in for the difference.

Brand new shades for nothing! :dance:

TWAGDB: I got an unexpected cheque /rebate from the Tax dudes, albeit a little one. :happy:

Not my brightest idea, but I just handed my notice in and that means no job to go to. (Not positive)
It's only positive because I've escaped that place. I'll be the third to leave in 2 months, with 2 more leaving at the end of the month.

installed pretty sweet lights in my bathroom, which was a giant pita, but now it's great.
also, i received my student visa for oman and booked my flights :) ... will have a 13hr layover in heathrow, but hey, cheap flight and all that :D

- - - Updated - - -
update my ass, what's the forum doing to my post?