The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Fuel just went up by 10c/l... that's a good thing because I filled up before that :p

Don't make me hit you over the head with a shovel, boy! Yeah, I kind of anticipated it, couldn't have stayed like that forever, but it was great while it lasted. My tank is brimmed too. :) Just wish I would have filled the canister for the lawnmower.

Legally, are lawn mowers even required to run on taxed fuel? :hmm: I don't own a lawn, so no mower either... tractors can run on agricultural diesel though, which is differently taxed.

Legally, are lawn mowers even required to run on taxed fuel? :hmm: I don't own a lawn, so no mower either... tractors can run on agricultural diesel though, which is differently taxed.

Good question. Well, even with a generously sized garden (by German standards at least) about half a canister per year is plenty anyways, so it doesn't hurt that much to just buy normal "Super".

Last edited:
I filled Lucille up for 1,17?/Liter and 1,22?/Liter yesterday! Now I can sit out most of the Christmas price increases...

Crude prices are still falling and OPEC announced today there aren't going to cut production. Prices should drop again after the festive season.

Twice in two days? Where were you going, all across town? ;) :p

Over 250km, that's an expensive trip :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Good question. Well, even with a generously sized garden (by German standards at least) about half a canister per year is plenty anyways, so it doesn't hurt that much to just buy normal "Super".

My brother-in-law intends to buy an Aufsitzm?her soon, to complement the tractor in his garden... we'll see what he uses to fuel up, and whether that's fit for publication :lol:

Wow, here farmers pay the same as everyone else. Makes no fucking sense.

Quite a few countries subsidize agricultural fuel... makes sense as well, a tractor burning hundreds of litres of diesel on his field isn't causing any road damage or clogging up the Autobahn to warrant adding expensive new lanes.

The battery in my iPod was dying, so I did this:

20141229_230702Copy.jpg

(Yes, they are feeler gauges). :lol:

So it ended up looking like this:

20141230_005810Copy.jpg

So I cleaned it out and fitted the new battery and...

20141230_013700Copy.jpg

Holy Christ it actually still works! Hopefully it'll now be good for another 7 years, or until I fit an SSD. :D

got a call for a second interview for a really nice job :) they want to talk money etc, so it seems it's mostly just a formality and i practically got the job (right?) :dance:

weeell what the hell, got another call from a place i'd apllied to 8 weeks ago. they also want me to come in for an interview. however, they now want me to send them my desired salaray as a confirmation. this confuses me o_O

Last edited:
the thing is, and i just checked again just to be sure, they already stated in their job posting that they were bound by a wage agreemend for the public sector. which in turn very clearly defines a very particular wage for a research scientist (which is what was advertised). anyhoo, i simply sent them exactly that, that i expect to be paid in the way they had advertised :?
whatever! other job sounds more exciting, more promising and more everything and has the second interview the day before that. so maybe, i'll end up not giving a damn because i'll already have a job.

I guess you are talking about TV-L 13 or 14. The question will be how they'll judge your prior experience, thus if they'll hire you at level one, two or three of the respective pay grade. The difference between level one and two is more than 300 Euros/month so that makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Worked from 6 to 18 today. And it was a good day.

My other 2 colleagues were out-of-the-house for a project to replace the desktops with zero-clients. This gave me some time to finish stuff and actually do some work.

My daughter just got her first skiing lesson.

DSC_6846-1600.JPG

DSC_6849-1600.JPG

And yesterday she got her first swimming lesson with no parent around (just her, the instructor, and one or two other kids).

Both went great :)