The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Currently I don't know how much it will be, but he told me I would get the biggest bonus since I'm the most valuable employee. :)
Ooooh...kaaay? My boss told me the bonus will be 1500 Euros, I didn't expect it to be that much - well, then it will be 1500 Euros towards charity. :)

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
Ooooh...kaaay? My boss told me the bonus will be 1500 Euros, I didn't expect it to be that much - well, then it will be 1500 Euros towards charity. :)
At those levels it makes sense to ensure you get a Spendenbescheinigung to get taxes refunded... you can donate the refund again if you like :grin:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Today I received said bonus and already forwarded 200$ to the OHSU in memory of Alex, another 150 Euros to a charity which repairs donated bicycles and practically gives them away to refugees and other people in need, another 150 Euros to the local food bank and another 150 Euros to the local animal shelter. :) There are still 880 Euros to donate, I still haven't decided where those will go, hopefully I will eventually come up with meaningful receivers.

Last edited:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Today I received said bonus and already forwarded 200$ to the OHSU in memory of Alex, another 150 Euros to a charity which repairs donated bicycles and practically gives them away to refugees and other people in need, another 150 Euros to the local food bank and another 150 Euros to the local animal shelter. :) There are still 880 Euros to donate, I still haven't decided where those will go, hopefully I will eventually come up with meaningful receivers.
Today I came up with two more meaningful receivers: the International Auschwitz Committee and EXIT-Germany now have 150 Euros more each to work with. :)

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
Due to having much snowfall a few days ago and sub-zero temperatures since then, the step in front of my house is slippery as hell because we don't have a decent, winter-suitable doormat. So I went out to buy one. Because we are in Corona lockdown, the DIY stores are closed - but you can order (well, make a reservation) online and pick up your order at their doorstep. So I did exactly that. Sadly, my order failed. But the personnel at the store was really nice - she asked me what I ordered (I could vaguely describe that) and went to search for it in the store. For a €6 item. :) There is some hope for service in Germany, it seems. :)