The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
...I made the wife's day by sending a pun to Serious Jockin' and Steve read it out.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I killed the box elder bug! You can run and try to hide, but in the end, I gotcha!

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
The wife and I got a bit of a break from the rising electricity prices.

tl;dr: Old electricity provider went bust, new one is taking us on at total bargain prices because we’ve been lucky this time.

A friend of ours had started working at one of the many private providers in the summer and convinced us of switching to his company in one of those “find a friend” deals. However, our old contract was still running until next summer, so the switch was still a few months away.

Fast forward to the last couple of weeks and our old provider had to cancel all customer contracts because their own contracts with the grid operators had been cancelled due to non-payment. This means you fall back onto the most basic offering of the (usually) publicly owned local provider, which is of course insanely expensive. Like double the price expensive.

But after a few calls and e-mails, our chosen new provider has agreed to take up where the previous one had left off and we will be charged no more than what we had agreed in the summer. Which the aforementioned friend has called The Jackpot. :mrgreen:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Well, I made it to 190 km ... sort of ...

At 175 km the front tire had a puncture, but the puncture was too big to be filled by the sealant (on the road tires I have a tubeless setup). I do have tubeless patches, but they didn't work and it got dark so I gave up patching. I knew the track I planned would lead me to a city with a train station so I pushed my bike there, a whole 15 km. Afterwards I discovered that I could have gone 1 km back where another train station was... :hammer:
So far so unpleasant, but at least it didn't rain and there was virtually no traffic at all since I planned the route via back roads. From then on everything clicked into place: as soon as I went up to the platform the train arrived so I didn't have to wait even a minute to get back home. Additionally, the timetables of the regional trains and tubes were pretty spot on so the maximum waiting time between changing trains (I had to change trains twice) was three minutes.

1642363574422.png

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
I use the same so I can at least walk the few steps to the garage and stuff, but 2.5 hours is a bit much, I think :D