The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

We'll need smørrebrød pictures after the trip.

That's where I bought M5!
I knew it was in Denmark, but I wasn't aware it was Aarhus. :D
ARHUS, IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR STREET!

Congrats!
Wait, what?
Also thanks
Yay! Let me know if you need help finding a ticket to the land of @mgkdk!

They offered me to do it remotely, but if we come to that, I'll ping you.
It's a lovely city, so definitely yay.
Good to know. :)
Wrong, the E 45 clearly bypasses the town. :p

Fingers crossed, @Redliner!
🤞
We'll need smørrebrød pictures after the trip.
Will do.

There = Aarhus.
I know @mgkdk doesn't live in Copenhagen, but I don't know where.

Grr - I just received an E-Mail that a train trip I booked months in advance can't go ahead as scheduled because changes in timetables. Usually that wouldn't be a big issue since (at least in Germany) when that happens you can rebook to any other suitable connection. The issue is that I'm planning to take a bicycle with me (go figure...), and since the trip is in less than three weeks pretty much all alternatives are booked. The only alternative the booking page spits out with available bicycle spaces involves four changeovers instead of one. Factor in the slim probability of all of those five trains being on time on a Sunday evening/night I would probably strand somewhere between Munich and Hamburg on a Sunday night...
All is good - I was at Hamburg main station and spoke to a real person, we were able to book bicycle tickets on different trains. That means I won't arrive on Monday at 5:38 am (I would have slept on the train) but on Monday at 0:56 am...

A friend called me today, err uh, yesterday about a bunch of random computer crashes. He explained a lot of what he had already experienced and asked my opinion. I asked if he was using a UPS and he told me he was, but it has a power strip plugged into it. I asked him if he tried plugging straight into the UPS to see if it would stop the problem. He went silent for a minute and says, if this fixes it, I will buy you a fifth of your choice.

He dropped off a bottle of rum and ordered what I really wanted. I am a bit warm and fuzzy at the moment. Not sure when the last time I had this much to drink. Hell, I can't remember the last time I drank alcohol.

Edit:

I should point out, by e had drinks with me. I am not one that drink alone.

Last edited:
I was getting my hair cut today... and to my surprise, the Covid restrictions imposed on hairdressers seem to have been lifted (it was about time). So, the place was back to 100% capacity (from 50%) and, to my even bigger surprise given the current economic climate, they did in fact take back the "Covid surcharge" they imposed in order to compensate for the reduced amount of customer they could serve while having to work with reduced capacity. So I paid €5 less than I was already used to.

Today my boss told me that after my (customary) probation period which ends at the end of August they want me to continue working there.

To be honest, that wasn't unexpected for me since I'm tasked with migrating our old groupware to a completely different one. The progress I made in the last two months has been about five times than they did in the last almost two years since the beginning of the project since they were understaffed before I started working there. I think I'll ask for another pay raise on top of the 5% which everyone will get, but that'll be after my 2 1/2 weeks vacation which will begin in two weeks. :smile:

I want leather phone cases on my phones, and I've long since given up on third party ones because you just never know if it's going to be shit or not. Apple cases are consistently good but they cost an arm and a leg, which is why I've been putting off getting a new one.

I just picked up one for €20 which is about a 60% discount, and it even came with vouchers for three months of Apple TV+ and five months of Apple Arcade.

While I was talking to my boss today he casually dropped the news that beginning next year there will be a "job cycle"-theme you can choose instead of getting gas vouchers or tickets for public transport. I don't necessarily need a new bike, but I certainly won't resist the urge either... :-D

This week i got the keys to my new house.
20220912_192742.jpg

Moved out of Glasgow to the ouskirts as better value for money. Double the rent of my 1 bed flat but it's a 3 bed semi-detached house with a decent sized garden, garage and 3 car driveway!

I'd never actually seen it until I collected the keys! Was relying on Girlfriend_70s viewing and being pickier then me!

Already bought some new (old) shit for the place (any excuse...)

20220913_202103.jpg

This week i got the keys to my new house.
View attachment 3566832
Moved out of Glasgow to the ouskirts as better value for money. Double the rent of my 1 bed flat but it's a 3 bed semi-detached house with a decent sized garden, garage and 3 car driveway!

I'd never actually seen it until I collected the keys! Was relying on Girlfriend_70s viewing and being pickier then me!

Already bought some new (old) shit for the place (any excuse...)

View attachment 3566833
Dude, super congratulations!

Today I received my work/residency ID card from the German government.