The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack
We'll need smørrebrød pictures after the trip.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
That's where I bought M5!
I knew it was in Denmark, but I wasn't aware it was Aarhus. :D
ARHUS, IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR STREET!

Congrats!
Wait, what?
Also thanks
Yay! Let me know if you need help finding a ticket to the land of @mgkdk!

They offered me to do it remotely, but if we come to that, I'll ping you.
It's a lovely city, so definitely yay.
Good to know. :)
Wrong, the E 45 clearly bypasses the town. :p

Fingers crossed, @Redliner!
🤞
We'll need smørrebrød pictures after the trip.
Will do.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
There = Aarhus.
I know @mgkdk doesn't live in Copenhagen, but I don't know where.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|92 Volvo 945
Fun fact: Suggs, the singer from Madness, just last week released a duet with style legend and The Jam/Style Council frontman Paul Weller:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Grr - I just received an E-Mail that a train trip I booked months in advance can't go ahead as scheduled because changes in timetables. Usually that wouldn't be a big issue since (at least in Germany) when that happens you can rebook to any other suitable connection. The issue is that I'm planning to take a bicycle with me (go figure...), and since the trip is in less than three weeks pretty much all alternatives are booked. The only alternative the booking page spits out with available bicycle spaces involves four changeovers instead of one. Factor in the slim probability of all of those five trains being on time on a Sunday evening/night I would probably strand somewhere between Munich and Hamburg on a Sunday night...
All is good - I was at Hamburg main station and spoke to a real person, we were able to book bicycle tickets on different trains. That means I won't arrive on Monday at 5:38 am (I would have slept on the train) but on Monday at 0:56 am...

GRtak

Forum Addict
A friend called me today, err uh, yesterday about a bunch of random computer crashes. He explained a lot of what he had already experienced and asked my opinion. I asked if he was using a UPS and he told me he was, but it has a power strip plugged into it. I asked him if he tried plugging straight into the UPS to see if it would stop the problem. He went silent for a minute and says, if this fixes it, I will buy you a fifth of your choice.

He dropped off a bottle of rum and ordered what I really wanted. I am a bit warm and fuzzy at the moment. Not sure when the last time I had this much to drink. Hell, I can't remember the last time I drank alcohol.

Edit:

I should point out, by e had drinks with me. I am not one that drink alone.

Last edited: