The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

For me today was great because I walked around Adenau, had some ice cream, and walked along a part of the Nürburgring.

There will be some positive achievement thing too hopefully soon. I don’t want to know write about it just yet though.

I'm currently on my way to Berlin by train, of course I have my bicycle with me. The train was supposed to have a dedicated compartment for bicycles, but that whole car is missing so we have to cram the bicycles into reserved compartments in first class.

<Firstworldproblems>
...but then again we were allowed to sit in first class... 🥰

Phew! My regular DHL delivery guy a.k.a. “The Italian” didn’t get moved to a different route, he just took three much deserved weeks off. He’s back! :giggle:

I got the bike leasing deal from my company as well. Unfortunately the paperwork didn't go through fast enough to try the bike before Ringmeet trip, but it's ready and setup at the shop waiting for release permit

Made pizza.
Took a slice and cut it into bite size pieces for our 2yo.
She takes one look at her plate, leans over, grabs a full-size slice from the cutting board and bites right into it.
Continues to eat three whole slices, leaves the cut up bits for dad, the idiot.
🥰

Managed to put some of my kitchen cabinets together, though it’s not complete enough to be of any use just yet, but it’s giving me hope of my reduced squatter feeling and reduction to microwaved meals, and washing dishes in the bathroom.

Internet hooked up, but at reduced speeds for some reason. Due to this, I contacted Vodafone to get it straightened out.

Dropped off spare key to the mechanic for Monday. Merc needs brakes, or at least the wear indicators are causing a warning to come up.

The last of my shit is out of storage, locally known as casa Dey @loose_unit.

Some steps forward but to me not enough to feel complete. So, it’s Friday evening, beer and video games.

IMG_4469.jpeg

It’s as together as I can manage for the moment. There should be another cabinet where the mini fridge is, but production forgot the screw bag, so I’ve just laid everything in place. I also will need to raise the countertop up a smidge for the dishwasher so we can have clearance, Clarence.

camphoto_684387517.jpeg

The offending cabinet.

I just discovered that my employer approved my request for the bicycle leasing scheme yesterday (I was on vacation last week). :thumbup: Bring on the yellow Ten07 Unicorn with dropbars, electronic shifting (SRAM GX Eagle AXS) and red dynamo and rear hubs! :wub:

Not only did my employer approve my request for the bicycle leasing scheme last week, but everybody in the IT department will receive a bonus since the relocation to a newly built building in the beginning of this year went so smoothly. The bonus is a whopping 3500 Euros (pre-tax) on top of the 3000 Euros everybody in the company will receive as "inflation relief". Just like all bonuses in the last years I'll donate at least half of it (after tax) since others need it way more than I do. To put that into perspective I'm currently donating 250 Euros per month, putting 220 Euros per month away towards retirement plans, putting 50 Euros away towards housing finance and I am still able to save up for vacations, bike parts and whatnot. It's crazy how much you earn in IT compared to other, more important fields of work like medical care, school teachers or geriatric care... :-|

I just sold our VW Caddy, for 3000euro more than if I the sale to my brother in law would have gone through and only 2500euro less than what I payed for it brand new 5,5years ago 😅.

And to make things better since I sold it for a lot more than I originally wanted/needed for a replacement, I'll probably buy myself a 2000-2010 era hot hatch on top of the still to buy new to us MPV.

I just sold our VW Caddy, for 3000euro more than if I the sale to my brother in law would have gone through and only 2500euro less than what I payed for it brand new 5,5years ago 😅.

And to make things better since I sold it for a lot more than I originally wanted/needed for a replacement, I'll probably buy myself a 2000-2010 era hot hatch on top of the still to buy new to us MPV.

So when does the 5 cylinder Focus RS show up?

Your house is worth 10-15,000? :D
If I ever buy a Focus RS it's going to be a MK2 and last time I checked they were 25k and higher.
And I'm going to need 10-15k for a family hauler I'm afraid, so it won't be that hot of a hatch as a Focus RS.