The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

I thought about it but then decided against. This is the positivity thread after all. Politics appear in enough threads as it is.
Same here. I thought I might say something about it on the 5th, but didn't bother - it didn't really sound like Jay anyway. ;-)

On my way to work this morning I got bounced by an XK-R ragtop, a black SLS AMG and a TVR Chimaera and managed to join the back of that little convoy for a while. At one point the Merc took off about 100 yards ahead of me and I could still hear it rumble over the radio and the other traffic.

Commute sucked because of associated traffic but there has to be some compensation for working that close to Goodwood on Festival of Speed weekend. :D

I got a lot done at work today so I don't have to go back and work overtime tomorrow. I also managed to get out of the "rebuild the cupola furnaces" project this summer which is even better.

I got a message from the lawyer I mandated that the money from the insurance company (car got rear-ended 8 weeks ago) has arrived. :)

The other day I was talking to a friend I had made through the cosplay community. I had been planning a trip to the states next year and I had been looking at the cost of flights and a hotel room. My friend says instead "no way are you staying in a hotel. I've got a spare room you can stay with me" so instead of next year I'll be going to the US in November now (plus another trip next year with the possibility of going to the San Diego comic con).

I agree.

Just had pork bacon (in my burger) and a pint of Kilkenny, worth the ridiculous price they ask for here in Dubai.

The other day I was talking to a friend I had made through the cosplay community. I had been planning a trip to the states next year and I had been looking at the cost of flights and a hotel room. My friend says instead "no way are you staying in a hotel. I've got a spare room you can stay with me" so instead of next year I'll be going to the US in November now (plus another trip next year with the possibility of going to the San Diego comic con).

If you're in the Chicago area.....let me know!

...because I just got back home from a fantastic week of hopping around Britain where every single thing I had planned worked out. Even getting caught in the middle of this:

Trains from Manchester Piccadilly railway station suffered major disruption after a "massive" lightning strike hit the signalling system.
didn't cause any trouble because that day was the one where I had the largest amount of "buffer" in my schedule.

...because there was a bank error in my favour, collect 13.83? in improperly withheld foreign taxes :lol:

I just had my best week of earnings so far. $1,175 for 6 days of work! That almost pays for my RX8's repairs!

I have a torn meniscus in my right knee so I was using the scooter thing in the store. This was a quick trip in to get exactly what I need and then I was out, maybe 15 minutes in total. Twice in that time, people asked if I needed help, and this was not store employees. Gives me a little faith in humanity.

Had a great day out at the PA renaissance faire with some friends today. Saw jousting, human chess (with a swordfight whenever one piece attempted to take another!), ate scotch eggs, and the gf was looking mighty fine in her corset! :wicked:

Today is a great day, because I've booked my first real vacation since 11 years now. I'll be flying to a 5 Star Red Sea resort close to Hurghada, Egypt with my GF the first 2 weeks of September.

Damn has it be really that long since I was on a propper beach swimming in the ocean??? Anyway, today is a GREAT day!!!

1016-Old-Palace-Resort-Sahl-Hasheesh-main.jpg

Last edited:
I managed to run for 10 minutes on a threadmill.
And I felt great afterwards instead of feeling like a portion of chopped liver. :D

Today is a great day because I'm flying back home after 3.5 weeks away from my family :)

Today is a great day, because I've booked my first real vacation since 11 years now. I'll be flying to a 5 Star Red Sea resort close to Hurghada, Egypt with my GF the first 2 weeks of September.

Damn has it be really that long since I was on a propper beach swimming in the ocean??? Anyway, today is a GREAT day!!!

1016-Old-Palace-Resort-Sahl-Hasheesh-main.jpg

Today is a good day because I was able to cancel that trip I was happy about 12 days ago... and change it to a worse hotel for a higher price @ Fuerteventura...

No honestly... I really can't imagine going to Egypt with my blond girlfriend after what happened during the last couple of days... It would leave me with a bad feeling all the time.. and I don't like the concept, that I'm completely depended on others in these resorts. There is literally no possibility to take care about oneself if there is some bad development, it's in the middle of the dessert with no real infrastructure/transport/shops...

So, Calais it is? ;)