The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

I don't remember the last time I've shopped there.

Today, or, more precisely, yesterday, was a great day because I not only managed to finish a film project for a friend's company that was stuck in development hell for almost a year within a week, not only because my girlfriend returned home from working in Western Germany (...where the sun collects dust), but mostly because a co-worker from my very first IT job back when I was still in highschool called me yesterday. We got in touch on XING some time ago and he just had some time and wanted to catch up. What was great about that was not only the feeling of not being forgotten, of people wanting to stay in touch, of an instant sense of camaraderie between us, but also how positively he looks back on our time working together. I mean, I was just a litte punk with long hair, metal shirts and a big mouth back then. But in a way, he's right: Me and a buddy were supplied with an internet connection, fifteen dialup lines and a Cisco - and we managed to get the first serious internet provider in our home town up and running after school. Thinking back to it, that was quite impressive.

Very impressive, you and your former colleague together could, or perhaps should, write a summary of your pioneering project, for your local town's history website.

... then one day ... many, many years from now, a young undergraduate will come knocking on your e-door, requesting an interview with you for a paper he has to write on "Internet History."

:think:

...I finally decided on buying a new swivel chair and the one I chose is on sale for 20 Euros less than usual (129 vs. 149 Euros). :)

It's burns night.

I'm completely pished.

The guys in the pub loved my jukebox playlist so much they paid for me to pick the tunes all night. (Nina Simone, Andy Williams, you get the idea)

The landlord recognised my Scottish patriotism and stated giving me free whisky.

Good times!

And you were sober enough to post that almost intelligibly.

Andeh
is teahte tbungafloed!

Yeah, has a nice ring to it!