The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

There is a pot roast in the oven and it smells sooooo goooooood!

Today was a good day because I bled like a pig. Nah I got a mole removed that I wanted to get removed for years now. But yes, it did bleed a lot.

thatonetimeatcamp.jpg

It feels good to be done with this, still seeing if it wasn't cancer though.

Last edited:
Today was great because I went to my first workplace Christmas lunch party; went to a local shop to check if they had any amiibos in stock--they did! Got myself Princess Peach and the significant other Kirby. Twas a good day.

Just did my online checkin for tomorrow's flight out, and depending on which of the 4 Lufthansa B744 configuration I will be flying on, my window seat :cool: will be either premium economy :dance: or business :woot:

So the asshole neighbours who like to keep me (and certainly lots of other people) awake with loud "music" and partying are at it once again. I called the police on them last time, but evidently they didn't learn a thing, such as "take it to one of the gazillion bars and clubs in this city".

Some fifteen minutes ago, 2:40 in the morning, I was in bed and wondering if I should do something. They kept turning up the sound noise system with no end in sight, but suddenly there was the most beautiful sound of them all: a very loud, very brief drone. And then nothing. :lol: Christmas came early! :thumbup:

I once punched a guy for partying at 3am on a week day. Had him kicked out and now I have the most beautiful neighbors. The wife works at Lebkuchen Schmidt and often brings me free gingerbread. They are in bed at 9 or 10 and not ever have any arguments. How lucky am I?

I/we can haz your opinion on it? ;-)

Are you tall? If so, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get the old version...

Well, it turns out that yesterday was not such a great day.

My Lounge access card (that usually grant me access to all Star Alliance business lounge) did not give me access to the Lufthansa lounge in DXB (one of the worst internationnal airport... IN THE WORLD).

And at baggage drop-off they checked my boading pass, and told me I had been switched to seat 48K (instead of 24K), because the aircraft type had changed (bullshit), and that 24K did not exist on the new plane (even bigger bullshit, 24K was exactly where I expected it to be, and it was a business, lay-flat seat).

At the gate, they changed me again, this time to 36A (at least I kept a window seat), and of course in 37A there was a kid who cried for most of the flight, and kicked my seat quite often.

Then when I arrived in Frankfurt, the usual security checkpoint for Terminal B had only one lane open since it was a few minutes before 6AM. And when they finally opened more lanes, of course I ended up in the one with people who apparently have no FUCKING clue what to do at a security screening.

Fuck, this post should go in a rant thread. At least now I'm sitting in the AC Maple leaf lounge, sipping a Mimosa (I know, very manly), and eating delicious pasties.

Feeling strangely social at the moment. Listening to some good tunes, checking on my friends on the forum, chatting with life events on irc and just generally connecting with people. Call me a sentimental nerd but fuck it: the Internet and the people it connects <3

Also, got a surprising call this morning which takes care of a certain issue I've been waiting to get "fixed".

Today my Uncle Rock got the call at 3 am that they found a heart for him! He's been on an L-VAD heart pump for about a month so far but was getting weaker. Surgery is juuuuust about to finish and so far it looks good. :)

Had a crappy day as far as my pay went, but seeing him get the new heart puts things in perspective.

PS, be an organ donor. :)

Sucks for the guy donating it, but hooray for your uncle.

PS, if my organs are still good after i'm died, it means i've died too young. :(
PPS, already a donor. :)

i don't quite get the whole discussion going on (around here at least) about people being donors by default and having to "unsubscribe" if they do not wish to donate their organs. there are people telling me that it wouldn't boost donor numbers, but i simply refuse to believe that - people are lazy as shit, even if it's just filling out a tiny card and carrying it around with them. i don't get it :dunno:
aaaanyway, have carried the donor card thingy for 5 years. maybe i should take a look at it, whether it's still legible...

Surgery is juuuuust about to finish and so far it looks good. :)
Wehey! :woot: Fingers crossed that it won't just look good! ;-)

PS, be an organ donor. :)
:yes: Also, please register as a stem cell/bone marrow donor if eligible. The chances to actually donate may be very low, simply because it's so difficult to find a donor/recipient match, but if you do get to donate, you may very well save someone's life and get to meet them later on. Here are some links for Americans, Britons, Germans and Australians - I'll find everyone else a link on request.

[/advertising mode] :lol:

and get to meet them later on.

I guess those chances are very slim here, due to forced anonymity of donor and recipient. But that shouldn't stop anyone from donating.

I guess those chances are very slim here, due to forced anonymity of donor and recipient. But that shouldn't stop anyone from donating.
It does depend on the countries involved, however there is often just a two-year waiting period after the transplantation. After that, it's known whether or not the recipient will need a second donation and so - if both parties agree - contact may be established.

The only country I had heard of so far (through the grapevine) that bans it completely is Switzerland, and so apparently Belgium is the second.

edit: I've found a source that gives the following examples: Belgium and France allow contact, but only in anonymised form. Switzerland allows no contact at all.

Last edited:
We may not have the best athletes, or the best scientists, or the best politicians, but we do have the best social security in the world.

Fuck yeah