The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

I was about to say "I think they're the same size..."

But looking at ye olde wiki, it seems there's a couple less common variants of the DVD size (80/120mm) I was unaware of whereas Bluray size seems to be a constant (120mm) So, TIL.

I've only just put the codes on this morning, 6 hours later and 19 codes sold. Phone constantly vibrating. 'Ebay sold' 'ebay paid' 'paypal paid' and then pings for everything via email. I will put up with the noise as it just means i'm making some money. :mrgreen:

Ebay and Paypal are the real winners. <_<

I took a very good look at my uni's credit point management system and found out that I'd been credited for more courses than I was expecting. :mrgreen:

Also, I managed to find an old e-mail that my g/f had deleted. It was still available in a backup and has saved us about ?33 - contained a voucher code. :)

I had a 2nd interview, the 1st one went like shit. This one went brilliantly and the phone call I have just received said that "I was fucking amaze!!!" Ok not quite, but the dude loved me and "I'd fit in"

But, I got the job. I'm not gonna say what it is yet, but in theory. I get something pretty sweet to show you in a few weeks... it also means I could buy many many more Pandai. :hmm:

Uni again: I've just looked up the result of a recent exam, one of those "I'll be glad if I just pass" affairs. Not only did I pass, but my grade is almost perfect (1,3 for the Germans). How did that happen? :blink:

screwed up curve by everyone being crap? :lol:
nah, well done right there! I've had some of those pleasant surprises during my studies as well, you just have to hope they outweigh the not-so-pleasant ones.

nah, well done right there!
Thanks muchly! :mrgreen:

I've had some of those pleasant surprises during my studies as well, you just have to hope they outweigh the not-so-pleasant ones.
The biggest reason why this was such a surprise is that the subject, generally speaking, had previously been my worst by (very) far, so this 1,3 came in extremely handy. ;)

Long Service Leave. Generally you get 3 months paid leave for every 10 years of service.

2 more years and I'll have 6 months worth

Sounds like somebody is planning some time off?

Considering I cashed in 40 days of my annual leave because I didn't take it and was on the Excess Leave naughty list, I doubt it.

Long Service Leave. Generally you get 3 months paid leave for every 10 years of service.

2 more years and I'll have 6 months worth

I'm going to assume that's the sort of leave whereby if you actually take it you find yourself fired for "completely unrelated reasons" on your return?

A bit late but August 8th was a great day. I leveled up and I am a father of a son now.

I'm going to assume that's the sort of leave whereby if you actually take it you find yourself fired for "completely unrelated reasons" on your return?

nah, it's the leave you save so that you can take a year off with pay before you retire.

A bit late but August 8th was a great day. I leveled up and I am a father of a son now.

Congrats :dance:

Found the car scratched on the company parking lot. Examining the cars of the people around me revealed no scratches, and a quick email yielded no results.
I was quite unhappy at the prospect of having to pay money to fix something I had not damaged, and losing the car for a day, etc....

But my wife is apparently a car wizard, as she had managed to clean it all off with a proper scrub with some water and soap!

everything-went-better-than-expected.png

Found the car scratched on the company parking lot. Examining the cars of the people around me revealed no scratches, and a quick email yielded no results.
I was quite unhappy at the prospect of having to pay money to fix something I had not damaged, and losing the car for a day, etc....

But my wife is apparently a car wizard, as she had managed to clean it all off with a proper scrub with some water and soap!

everything-went-better-than-expected.png

So your wife knows how to handle your car better than you do?

Does she have an account yet?

The Positivity Thread aka &quot;Today was a great day because.....&quot;

The Positivity Thread aka &quot;Today was a great day because.....&quot;

I hadn't really looked into it in great detail, since it was dark and raining when I first noticed the scratch... My focus was on finding the other driver who bumped into me...

I was driving her car today, while she decided on her own to descratchify mine (with in her own words, 'a combination of elbow grease and magic')

My oldest son Zack got the job at FedEx he's been going for and Sean (my youngest) has his orientation at Home Depot tomorrow. :)

Now they can both get back to paying their mom some rent. :dance: