The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

shad_68;n3549352 said:
:banana: After 5 years / 10 semesters, I *finally* finished my master's degree on wednesday! :banana:

Congrats shad! Is that your party music I am hearing? :D

shad_68;n3549352 said:
:banana: After 5 years / 10 semesters, I *finally* finished my master's degree on wednesday! :banana:

Congratulations!

It wasn't today, because I didn't know that this thread existed and I was kind of more worried about catching a large boat the next day, but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh2W8xpgb2t/

I did a thing.

My cargo is finally on the way to Shanghai! :) The wife and I moved here six weeks ago, spent the first five in a hotel and getting our stuff here has been quite a task. But it is now in Istanbul, waiting for the next flight.

I managed to fix my laptop, at least for the most part. :D The keyboard wasn't working anymore and I had to take quite a lot of its innards out of the computer to get to it, but it worked. The keyboard backlight isn't working yet, but that might be an easy fix and I can live without it anyway.

Wow, marriage and a move to China? Dayum.

93Flareside;n3553062 said:
Wow, marriage and a move to China? Dayum.
Marriage in May last year, move to China at the end of May this year. Come to think of it, May seems to be a bit of a busy month for me.

Last edited:
Where’s the GTO?

I didn’t know GTO’s were available there. Or is this of the Mitsubishi flavor? Wouldn’t you want a super mini in China to make getting around easier?

The forums are back! The forums are back! The forums are back!

They seem much smoother too. Thanks peoples behind the scene.

The forums are back! The forums are back! The forums are back!

They seem much smoother too. Thanks peoples behind the scene.

Well, this is a bit late now but: The forums are back! And for reals this time.

Also I managed to see the lunar eclipse (super wolf blood moon whatnot) while getting my ass to work this morning. Nice.

Yes, it is once again great to have the forums back.

I went out to see the moon in all of it wolfy blood moonness, but there was just enough cloud cover to prevent me from seeing it. It was also to damn cold(-2F, or -18.888C) to hang out there and wait to see if it cleared up. The cold did wake me up though!

I thought about posting it in the "Simple Pleasures" thread, but it's not a small thing in life that's about to happen for me, it's quite big to my eyes. Also, it's not happening today, but some two weeks from now, but I still figured it'd be worth a post in this thread.

In two weeks I'm visiting the Czech Republic and Dresden, which not only means I can put a check mark on my to-go list, but also that I'll finally meet this girl who super-liked me on Tinder last summer. She's originally from Slovakia but moved to Prague now. We were matched while I was at my summer residence, but she was on a nearby island, and because of circumstances, I wasn't able to meet her. Then when I was visiting Bratislava, I found out that she moved to Prague, so I wasn't able to meet her in her native country. But now that I'm visiting Prague, I'll have enough time in my travel schedule to finally meet her, and it seems she'll be available! I just hope something doesn't happen to ruin the plan, since I've been waiting for 8 months for this!

Good luck!