The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Nice, now let’s see how quick Finnish bureaucracy is compared to the German crap I’m still waiting on. We’ve not been told to pay, yet…
Everything's done and dusted. So technically speaking we did not buy an apartment, but shares in a limited liability company that constitute ownership of a specific apartment, which means there's no Grundbuchamt or such involved. The bank takes care of all tax matters and informs the administration of the company of the ownership change and that's it.

Is that how all real estate deals are done there?
I have no idea how buying a house would be, but I think it would also be a single meeting at the bank...

Mine was done at the title office. My realtor, the home’s realtor, my lawyer, the sellers lawyer, the title people. Just big old wankfest about how much money each person will make and it’s not you.

Everything's done and dusted.
insanity! But yeah that sounds like a rather special situation somehow… very pragmatic.

we at least got the notarys bill, of course, which very much fits this description right here:
Just big old wankfest about how much money each person will make and it’s not you.

After 2 years "in progress" the first splash of new paint went on the Doloshite today...

IMG20220404103104.jpg

Not far off being able to hit the highway...

I walked 3 laps on the walking trail today for the first time in a long time, feels good even though my back was sore. - I was going on walks at lunch before it got colder this past fall because sitting is so bad for my back.

E16B0B21-1188-4FB0-961F-44D01D142D31.jpeg

The air traffic at the nest box on my balcony has greatly increased. I guess that means chicks, but I don’t want to open the “inspection hatch” and Mr Tit moved in before I had even thought of installing a camera.

I hope I can catch him (or her?) in the morning when the light is useful, but sadly I won’t be home for the rest of the month. When I get back, the chicks may already have fledged.

Great tit you have there.

These Twizzlers are exceptionally fresh, and tender.
Turkey Twizzlers?

1650584319978.png

No wait, they were never fresh and having some definitely wouldn't be positive.

I was hoping it was those, otherwise I would have been smack talking something you like. :LOL:

I haven't had those but I have had Turkey Twizzlers, not too awful until you get a bone fragment from the meat reclamation process...

Today is a great day because it isn't jacket weather anymore, it's friday, and I'm not working late tonight NOR working over the weekend. Also I have cold beer in the fridge at home. Many cold beers, in fact.

Just got a fix out for an issue that has taken me a couple of days to investigate and pin down.

A stupid software company that will remain nameless not only had their MSI installers leave remnants of old versions in the Windows registry after upgrading but a newer version of the software then goes and finds them where the previous one didn't. The 2022 package installation was failing because it was finding several 2019 and 2020 components that weren't actually installed but had some crumbs in the registry, where the 2021 or 2020 package didn't find them for some reason.

Ended up with a big script that goes around deleting registry keys if they exist, I don't like straight up deleting from the registry but it was the most effective method. It's now free to run on all machines on the network and do its work over the weekend, then on Monday the new version should go on cleanly. Not a bad way to end the working week.

Nice to see that this scourge of humanity is still providing employment to people.
Other than being the mess it is, it's not so bad. When coupled with lazy software companies (particularly free software from Finnish engineering product manufacturers, no idea why but it must lose them business) that cut corners, I have to dig around in there for product codes or licence details quite often. It shouldn't really be part of my job, but the laziness of others makes it so.