The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

dam foreigners, terking urrgh jerbs!

turk-took.gif

I read a message sent to me by my real estate lawyer in the US. My house is sold and what I made off the house will be wired to my bank account on Monday. Sadly it could only be done to my US account, but no worries.

I finally found coffee at half past three in the afternoon. Things went uphill from there.

I also saw what is easily my favourite prop at Paramount Studios.

1B790431-53F6-42C2-8C13-8AC1B4637819.jpeg

Durka durka! 😆

I'm currently filing my taxes, and due to the amount of donations I pay monthly I'll get back something between 700 and 800 Euros for 2021. Since I donated even more in 2020 (in December 2020 it was 1500 Euros plus the monthly donations I paid back then already) I'll get back even more for 2020. :)

I posted the Holden Astra for sale on the Facelist and within about 30 minutes had 3 messages. Two were the lazy "Is this still available?", from which Dad got one phone call, saying "I'll give you $1000 cash" (was listed for $4200).
One made no further enquiry, and one guy sent a $100 deposit immediately.

So, tonight, we waved goodbye to the Astra. (after I changed a parking light globe, one of the boys massaged out most of a dent in the bootlid, and I cleared a couple of error codes with the scan tool).
It's been sitting in the yard not moving for the last 2+ years (lucky to have done more than 200km), so some of the sensors are a bit touchy. (Hopefully it made it more than the 7.5km I was averaging before the CEL returned.)

It did everything it needed to do, it was comfortable and relatively quiet. It didn't leave us stranded, but I wasn't sad to see it leave. And we still have far too many cars anyway..

I posted the Holden Astra for sale on the Facelist and within about 30 minutes had 3 messages. Two were the lazy "Is this still available?", from which Dad got one phone call, saying "I'll give you $1000 cash" (was listed for $4200).
One made no further enquiry, and one guy sent a $100 deposit immediately.

So, tonight, we waved goodbye to the Astra. (after I changed a parking light globe, one of the boys massaged out most of a dent in the bootlid, and I cleared a couple of error codes with the scan tool).
It's been sitting in the yard not moving for the last 2+ years (lucky to have done more than 200km), so some of the sensors are a bit touchy. (Hopefully it made it more than the 7.5km I was averaging before the CEL returned.)

It did everything it needed to do, it was comfortable and relatively quiet. It didn't leave us stranded, but I wasn't sad to see it leave. And we still have far too many cars anyway..

This is the only reason I keep Facebook anymore. I closed my OG account from '06, I made a new one because in the US, facebook marketplace replaced craigslist. So I've used it to sell cars and that place seems to get way more eyes. less scammers too.

Also, I think I kind of like mine, only because of the logo and name. But I guess it's because it's new and different for me. Like how some people like the Chevrolet name and bowtie logo I guess?

I thought my watch was broken because the seconds hand of the stopwatch reset to 30, so 180° off. Turns out you can actually adjust that manually, so I did that. All hail reading the manual!

Having turned on (and then quickly off again) the Radio, I was annoyed by their choice of music. Then I started wondering if one of the last holdouts of non-mainstream music in Germany is still on the air/app/web/whatever and he is! :love:

Having turned on (and then quickly off again) the Radio, I was annoyed by their choice of music. Then I started wondering if one of the last holdouts of non-mainstream music in Germany is still on the air/app/web/whatever and he is! :love:

No love for radio Bob?

Had a saturday all to myself for the first time in like two months. No travels, trade shows, meetings, seminars or social events that needed going to. I got up when I felt like it and had breakfast. Decided I needed a haircut and went to find a barber. Treated myself to a new Apple Watch. Got home and made myself horizontal on the couch. Best day ever.

Took Friday off work, spent 10 hours preparing our house to be moved into.
Saturday: another 10 or so hours moving shit.
Nothing is finished, but at least we have hot water, so yay? Good day, good day, I’ll be back to report when I start getting annoyed 🙈

Speaking of moving, I just finished moving after three days, and unpacked, for the most part. Feels so good to be done with all that crap.

Took Friday off work, spent 10 hours preparing our house to be moved into.
Saturday: another 10 or so hours moving shit.
Nothing is finished, but at least we have hot water, so yay? Good day, good day, I’ll be back to report when I start getting annoyed 🙈
Another good day some four weeks later: we finally seem to have downstairs heating as well! Some minor kinks to be ironed out tomorrow, but there’s already some cozy cozy lukewarm water running in circles underneath my feet 🥳