The "Post your Christmas presents" thread 2011

neutron

Christmas is in two days, so let's share with what we've got for presents! :)
I'll start - chaps @ Samsung LV sent me this sort of stuff -
477700887.jpg

477701549.jpg

477702090.jpg

(apricots in chocolate)
477700769.jpg

(Christmas fruit tea)

I bought myself a new phone for xmas. Dats about it. We don't celebrate that shit, with the tree and the decorations and the turkey and the bam boom boopity BOP.

I am right on the edge of buying myself another car. I must not do this. Otherwise I am also on the edge of buying myself an Asus Transformer Prime, which is not an amount of money (?500) I desperately want to spend. I hope it (for some unknown reason) will drop in price during new year sales. As for what I really want...

No, Dave, what you want is the internship at Jag or AM.

Failing that have you thought about contacting Noble (Leicestershire)? Reasonably close by and they might appreciate the can-do approach more than the larger brands. Morgan (Worcestershire) too while you're at it. How cool would it be to be working around the new EVA-GT? Or a year living back at home and commuting to Caterham?

Or there's McLaren. I know of one FG regular who lives pretty close who might be willing to have a lodger is you asked them nicely. (Not me)

Ah Touch?. Of course I'd love an internship for a present. Aston are shut until the 3rd so I'll call them then, but Jag still :( Considering I don't actually currently have anywhere to live in the midlands during the summer as yet, I have briefly considered places close to home. Caterham is actually less of a commute than JLR/AM would be, and my aunt lives in Woking so McLaren and its 45 minutes drive away (however on the M25) so it wouldn't be too far away. Morgan would be too far I think, even though given my previous work experience at a Morgan garage would probably give me an OK chance.

But indeed, cheers for reminding me that that is exactly what I want for Christmas. Maybe then in the unlikely event of me getting one I can get myself a car for my birthday at Easter.

I bought myself a pair of these.

prod_img_srh440_l.jpg

UH MAZE ING!

They replaced my 5 year old AKG's, which they are getting replaced because I've overdrove the speakers inside a few too many times because I couldn't hear the bass guitar when I'm mixing.... This time I made the right choice with getting closed back cans. Me likey.

Plus, my friend's dad works for Shure so if anything goes wrong, it won't be any hassle getting the problem fixed.

Ah Touch?. Of course I'd love an internship for a present. Aston are shut until the 3rd so I'll call them then, but Jag still :( Considering I don't actually currently have anywhere to live in the midlands during the summer as yet, I have briefly considered places close to home. Caterham is actually less of a commute than JLR/AM would be, and my aunt lives in Woking so McLaren and its 45 minutes drive away (however on the M25) so it wouldn't be too far away. Morgan would be too far I think, even though given my previous work experience at a Morgan garage would probably give me an OK chance.

But indeed, cheers for reminding me that that is exactly what I want for Christmas. Maybe then in the unlikely event of me getting one I can get myself a car for my birthday at Easter.

Correct me if I am wrong but you wouldn't be going to Uni as well during an internship, right? So location doesn't really matter and there are worse places to spend a year than the Malvern Hills. Certainly a great deal nicer than Coventry! ;)

I just realised something, I've gotten the Christmas bonus from work, and I still haven't bought myself anything this year....

To the Thai hooker store!

a necklace and a Bill Bailey DVD.

I bought myself Dr Who and a bottle of champagne to go with it

and might I say, fuck you Santa. Zonda. Driveway. How hard can it be??? I'm warning you, no milk and cookies next year. :glare:

Still no Zonda? Damn, Santa! How many times does she have to ask!?!

And you're right, MWF; I won't be at uni during the internship, but the Midlands and Kent (and possibly Surrey) are the only places I have easy access to housing in those areas. And I am applying mainly to JLR/AM as I also want to take a year out in industry, and possibly go forward to work for them. But thats wishful thinking, obviously. :p

Last edited:
I got a Rolex for Xmas!! So what if its fake, second hand and broken...?

Also, Stylophone, a Stig thermos mug, QI Book of general ignorace, and a yard of Jaffa Cakes.

Dropkick Murphys and Iron Maiden t-shirts
2 Best Buy gift cards (total of $75)
Skyrim :D
Korn - The Path of Totality
Dethklok - Dethalbum and Dethalbum II
Metalocalypse Season 1
Dethklok tab books from both albums
UK copy of Top Gear Magazine
iRig hardware and App
Super 8 Blu-Ray/DVD

200 bucks from the grandparents
giftcards
Craftsman jack and jack stand set, 3 ton
some clothes

I didn't ask for most of that anyways. But it's nice. :)

I got a rather hefty pile of books written by sir Jezza and a Chris Hilton book on Ayrton Senna. Yeah, I'm a big reader. I also got an RC 599 GTO, because my mom knows I'll never throw out my toys ^_^
For myself, I bought 1/20 model kits of Barrichello's and Petrese's F1-2000 and FW13b respectively. They haven't arrived yet due to some sort of delay.

A heated seat rest, that also massages that I can use in the car or anywhere else I sit, some money and I also bought myself some model cars and Assassins Creed Revelations for the PS3.

Bill Bailey DVD.

Another fan eh? I got Dandelion Mind myself, along with the new Clarkson and TG DVDs (yeah they're a cash cow but I still like them), new LR themed T-shirt, assorted Christmas food, a workshop manual for the Disco and some money towards the chunky rubber that's on said Disco.

A new mouse for my laptop...

and this...

8110-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Already put together, but haven't taken any pics yet.