The "post your configurator summary" thread

32k is awfully expensive for something that can't be legally used on a public road.

Another valid point. A Kei truck would be more useful as a truck, but less so as an off-road toy. It can be registered (under the 25 year law or in Oklahoma).

The configurator isn't up yet, but they have the paint previews working. This is Cactus Gray and Cyber Orange - and I can't decide which I like more. More muted single-stage paint is very much the fashion for trucks and SUVs right now thanks to Toyota making the TRD Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner in shades such as "sand" and "Concrete." I like the single stage paint look for a utility vehicle, if only for the fact it doesn't show scratches as much. But that Orange would sure photograph well for the 'Grams (and it's a fun looking color)

Cactus Gray.PNG

Cyber Orange.PNG

I don't know, I'm guessing these were named by a marketing wank in Detroit or New York. To me "Cactus Gray" looks like the color of sage or sage brush, but in the dry season some cacti like Prickly Pear can be a gray-green, as can some species of agave. The orange would be perfectly named "Solar Orange."

Maybe Agent Orange should be the color name.... Too soon?

Holy shallow grave, Mister Potato Sausage!

I finally got the Ford Bronco configurator to behave and was able to configure me a SWB Wildtrak. As usual the limitations of packages annoy the shit of me, like why can't I have the big touch screen with vinyl seats? Are Ford scared onlookers won't be able to handle the contrast of rugged seat material with technology? Also you can't have the front stinger bar thing with the protection plates. Why? Fucked if I know!

Wildtrak with full armour and the soft-top, lux package for the only decent touch screen (the small screen looks like a prop from a sci-fi show). Of course this one can only be had with an auto, Jonny Smith said that 10 speeds seemed too much choice for the gearbox at normal speeds. Maybe that can be fixed in software.

Point is I think it looks great and with the metal bumpers, underbody protection, removable doors and soft top this really is the new Defender in my opinion. The only feature they should offer is a factory raised air intake for wading or use in deserts.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The Nissan configurator isn't nearly as cool looking as the Bronco's.

Frontier.jpg

Frontier interior.jpg

2022 Pro-4X (4WD and locking rear diff) with most the good stuff added. Went with the base red paint because it matches the red badge highlights.
  • Electronic tailgate lock
  • All season floor mats
  • Integrated dash cam (front and rear)
  • Technology Package
    • Intelligent cruise control
    • Rear automatic braking
    • High-beam assist
    • Lane Departure warning
    • Blind spot warning
    • Rear cross traffic alert
    • Rear parking sensor
    • "Traffic sign recognition" (whatever the hell that is)
  • Pro-4X Convenience Package
    • Spray on bedliner
    • Utilitrack cargo management
    • 120 V AC power in center console
    • Heated wing mirrors
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Heated front seats
    • LED bed lighting
    • Remote start
    • Class IV tow hitch receiver with wiring
    • Off road 360 degree camera
    • Wireless charging
  • Pro Premium package.
    • 17" fake beadlock wheels
    • Fender premium 10 speaker audio
    • Leather trimmed seat
    • Black interior stitching
    • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
    • Integrated door opener
    • Premium door trim and center console stitching
    • Power slide and tilt moon roof
$45,125 MSRP

Last edited:
Tidy looking truck, I like the splash of colour in the Nissan badge, could've done with that years ago.

The Bronco configurator was still being buggy so all prices showed up as $0, Wildtrak starts at $46,980 so definitely not a cheap alternative. I think I added another four or five grand. Seems cheap next to the Tesla Model 3 I had though.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I figured, since this thread has been bumped recently, and since I like playing in the Porsche configurator, I might as well post here.

Also, Porsche semi-recently released the PDK-only 718 Cayman GT4 RS, so I figured I'd configure an ultimate driver's Porsche. I still imagine that one to be the Cayman GT4, rather than 911 GT3, as it's smaller and more nimble. Also, I'm glad they decided to use the full potential of the 981/982 platform, even if I wish they did it before with the 987, because that one had hydraulic PAS. Not saying 981 and 982 are bad, just that in some sort of an ideal scenario, I'd prefer a more analogue steering feel. Oh well, at least this one looks considerably better.

The pictures are from my first attempt, I'm not sure if I'd go with carbon or anthracite aluminum inserts in the interior, as I did with my second attempt, but the general idea is the same, color and everything. I could've gone for Shark Blue, but I like yellow, so there's that. I would've posted the summary from my second attempt, as well as that attempt's pictures, but I accidentally closed the tab. Oh well.

Generally, the idea is to have all the driver's bits, like the Clubsport package and the track seats, but without deleting the multimedia system. Also, Chrono package because why not. Same goes for LED headlights, which, combined with some other not-exactly-necessary extras did ramp up the price up to around €100,000 in local currency. Then again, it's not like I'm ever planning to buy a new Porsche in my life, at least not with my own money. :D

Just for shits and giggles.

1642716814377.png

That's with u-connect with navigation, park pilot, alloy wheels, rear seats..... Not a bad price if I'm honest...

The drivetrain is a 2.4L with 9-speed auto so that's the Renegade's drivetrain...

Though for similar money you can get something less on roady and get something a bit more off roady.
Cheapskate. :p

Not bad at all for the price. I'm really sold on the design of the Bronco, it needs a more interesting engine or full EV to get really good though.

Last edited:
Cheapskate. :p

Not bad at all for the price. I'm really sold on the design of the Bronco, it needs a more interesting engine or full EV to get really good though.

I look at the Bronco as a platform where buying the cheap one and upgrading with aftermarket bits or fabricobbled things is the right path. Why pay Ford $5k for 35" tires when you can build some crazy axles and go even bigger for about the same price?

Other than the warranty there’s no reason not to do the upgrades yourself. Undoing new bolts that aren’t rusty would be quite an experience.

View attachment 3563658

View attachment 3563659

View attachment 3563660

View attachment 3563661

I figured, since this thread has been bumped recently, and since I like playing in the Porsche configurator, I might as well post here.

Also, Porsche semi-recently released the PDK-only 718 Cayman GT4 RS, so I figured I'd configure an ultimate driver's Porsche. I still imagine that one to be the Cayman GT4, rather than 911 GT3, as it's smaller and more nimble. Also, I'm glad they decided to use the full potential of the 981/982 platform, even if I wish they did it before with the 987, because that one had hydraulic PAS. Not saying 981 and 982 are bad, just that in some sort of an ideal scenario, I'd prefer a more analogue steering feel. Oh well, at least this one looks considerably better.

The pictures are from my first attempt, I'm not sure if I'd go with carbon or anthracite aluminum inserts in the interior, as I did with my second attempt, but the general idea is the same, color and everything. I could've gone for Shark Blue, but I like yellow, so there's that. I would've posted the summary from my second attempt, as well as that attempt's pictures, but I accidentally closed the tab. Oh well.

Generally, the idea is to have all the driver's bits, like the Clubsport package and the track seats, but without deleting the multimedia system. Also, Chrono package because why not. Same goes for LED headlights, which, combined with some other not-exactly-necessary extras did ramp up the price up to around €100,000 in local currency. Then again, it's not like I'm ever planning to buy a new Porsche in my life, at least not with my own money. :D

I tried to build something similar, 153340🇨🇦$ before taxes, so a little bit over 175K🇨🇦$

Screenshot_20220312-164746.jpg

Annotation 2022-04-05 225805.jpg

Do you get the doors with it or are those extra? Looks good but that seems a lot for a Wrangler, maybe it isn't. Well, it is compared to a base Bronco.