The Post Your Pets Thread

Bump to new page.

Pepper the Christmas doggy. We took her to my parents house and she was on her best behavior.
xkv6Wdx.jpg

The cat letting the dog know how it works around the house.

I came home a while back, threw my jeans on the corner of my PC(was supposed to be temporary) desk and my oldest cat just decided this is where she wants to sleep.
I found the paperwork for her and we got her from the animal shelter 1.3.2002 and she was only a year old.

I iz on yaw fone, fraping yaw Fayzbuks

My cat Chani died in my lap this morning. She let out a little cry then laid down in my lap, it took me a minute before I realized something was wrong. She wasn't breathing but her heart was beating when I got her into the pet carrier and rushed at 5 times the speed of light to the vet. She has had at least one seizure before and the vet thinks it was probably an aneurism. I like to think I took good care of her and she was happy. She wasn't even old, maybe 8 years old.
She's the grey one.

The punch to the stomach was that she was running around and playing with my other cat not even an hour earlier.

Dude I feel your pain. Same happened to my 4yo tabby female back in early 98. She was amazing and the best cat I ever had. I still miss her and just thinking about her makes me well up.

:hug:

OOooh, that sucks man. :( I sorry about that.

It's winter here and this big bitch is laying out in the snow and eating it.
1226699_10152210409298653_417708781_o.jpg

:hug: jason, sorry for your loss

My little angel Gizmo passed on Sunday. She woke up asking to go to the bathroom and a few minutes later she was just standing in the hallway holding her paw in the air and she couldn't walk on it. We picked her up and took her out to relieve herself and when she came back inside she started crying out in pain. I called the local vet but it being Sunday they were not available and the closest office was about ten miles away so we rushed her there. Things went downhill as we were driving her there and she started coughing and breathing rapidly. The doctor examined her and quickly determined that her leg was not broken and he suspected she was suffering from congestive heart failure and that a blood clot had gone to her lungs. I asked me to carry her in the back for more tests and just as I was about to sit her down on the table I felt her go limp in my arms. The doctor said she would not make it and we made the decision to put her to sleep before she had to suffer anymore pain.

The entire house feels empty without her in it. We took her for a ride almost every day and walked her in the park. I had only ever heard good things about shih-tzu's and what they say is true. They are full of energy and love. She only weighed twelve pounds but man was she full of life! Last year she lost the ability to see with her left eye because of chronic dry eye and she lost her hearing too sometime after but she played right up to the day she passed and enjoyed every moment of her time here. Gizmo was the best and I'm so thankful that I got to spend fourteen years with her.

http://imagizer.imageshack.**/v2/800x600q90/547/otos.jpg

Found this in the street.. luckily found it a new home within 2 hours. :)

[video=youtube;wuMBAQvL-z0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuMBAQvL-z0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbMt_KWrOKMsxg4UYVk71Xw[/video]

My cats, Bryson and Alice, got into a massive brawl last night for I don't know what reason...

Still don't know what caused the initial fight, but they're back together again. They still fight from time to time, but they're short episodes and are usually pals again within two hours.

img-2637-11643.JPG

They're about 20 months old at this point.

I went and picked up Gizmo's ashes yesterday. I hated the thought of burying her. It will be two weeks on Sunday since she passed and it still feels unreal to me in a way. I miss her coming to wake me up to go outside or taking her for a walk in the park. The belly rubs and tickle time every night. It all just happened so quickly.

The Post Your Pets Thread

Man, I'm sorry. It sucks so much. You're lucky to have 14 years. None of our dogs have yet to live past 7. All die from different cancers. Airedale with tumor in the kidney. And a Bernese mountain dog with a tumor compressing the esophagus. Hopefully this Bernese lives longer and healthier than that.

No dog has had the same food. The first two both had Heart Guard for heart worm medicine. The third, something else.

I do hope the pitbull/mutt lives a long time but, being a mutt, that's a given.