The Post Your Pets Thread

stiggie you should know that about cats.. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Actually more normally from the kitchen floor right next to the dish but that's just cats for you.

I had many cats throughout my childhood and meny of them I got as kittens but this is the first time I have ever noticed adult teeth coming through.

He is already back to blinking at me, rubbing his face on mine and generally being affectionate. So either he has forgiven me or he is a 5 month-old evil genius who is lulling me inot a false sense of security.

"You're fired"

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/astonmartin/2011/08/01/dfsdf.jpg

You can kinda see his hair growing. He also didn't like me trying to Donald him.

... or he is a 5 month-old evil genius who is lulling me inot a false sense of security....

Sounds like a normal kitten to me ;)

So I'm house and kid sitting this week for a friend, and this friend has a cat who is almost a year old. Never seen another creature since he was adopted or birds out the windows. Naturally a cat would go bonkers at seeing a dog, right? This cat hasn't! Sure he's hissed, growled, arched his back and swiped once, but he's really in to staring at her o_O Today is maybe the 3rd or 4th time they've seen each other and he's finally made it to the ground!

The whole night after I gave her a bath (went to the dog beach), he's been staring at her and trying to be on the same level as her, which is cool.

Anyways, I turned around and saw this happening. Mind you, my dog obviously doesn't have a problem and is patiently waiting for him to chill out so when he sniffed her she either 1) did not realize it was happening 2) acted as if she didn't know it was happening and let'm sniff'er.

close.jpg

closer.jpg

:lol: so cute

wtf IS that thing thing in my house!?!?!!

I don't think my dog knows what a cat is. I think he sees them the same was rabbits and squirrels and birds. Not human, not dog, I chase it, k? Haha, no. He goes crazy when he sees cats, I'm sure if we ever let him actually meet a cat he would recieve a good old swipe across the face. He'd just want to play with or chase it, but obviously a cat wouldn't feel the same way. :lol:

"You're fired"

*Snip*

You can kinda see his hair growing. He also didn't like me trying to Donald him.

I had a friend who had a Chinese Hairless like that. It had something wrong with it's eyes so it had to have them removed. It was named Dizzy.

Now for another picture. Here's my Angry Cat Ziggy.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2011/08/05/DSC_0261.jpg​

New pic of my cat outside in my new garden.

my_cat_outside_by_lightningtremlett-d45md54.jpg

Not strictly my pet, but our new family dog, is now living with my parents and my brother:

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

He is a 13 weeks old Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) in blue merle, and probably the most melancholic dog I've ever seen. Not given a sound the whole day since we got him in the morning, slept through the two hour drive home, and then methodically investigated the new surroundings for a good few hours, getting quite fascinated by mirrors.

Ah, he's just a new puppy. My dog barely made any noise for a couple weeks when we brought him home, these days he lives up to his name... which is Barkly... probably should have called him Silenty or something...

Some pics of Harley

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Last edited:
My cat was just licking the curry sauce off of a takeout container. She'd better not leave me any "surprises" in the morning.

And yes, I have a strange cat. Most cats love tuna and shrimp and salmon. Not her. She loves mustard, bleu cheese and Slim-Jims.

scratching_post_by_lightningtremlett-d45u3kl.jpg

Dylan drying off after being washed.

washed_dog_by_lightningtremlett-d45u3n4.jpg

Should make it harder for him to go rocket into a thicket or other dark area and hide from me at night. :D

Last edited:
Why would?

Why would?

I want to let him go outside. If I do, he basically rockets all over the courtyard then goes and hides in the hedge next door. This makes it difficult to go find him when it is time to come back in and involves me chasing him.

The problem is finding him in the first place.

I just shake his food bag and he comes running back. :p

I have a similar problem with Silas, he often leaps over the back neighbour's fence and doesn't come back when he's supposed to come inside, but he'll soon run back as soon as he hears me feeding his sister. Sometimes he disappears overnight, and wanders quite a few blocks away. It's pretty annoying and distressing when you've lost cats in the past to cars, and it's actually against the law to have a domestic cat outside overnight here (due to hunting of native wildlife etc.). It's very hard to stop a male cat from wandering around and defending his territory, although I imagine it'd be whole lot worse it he wasn't fixed.

Hilda on the other hand doesn't seem to wander any further from home than the adjoining neighbours yards.

I have a similar problem with Silas, he often leaps over the back neighbour's fence and doesn't come back when he's supposed to come inside, but he'll soon run back as soon as he hears me feeding his sister. Sometimes he disappears overnight, and wanders quite a few blocks away. It's pretty annoying and distressing when you've lost cats in the past to cars, and it's actually against the law to have a domestic cat outside overnight here (due to hunting of native wildlife etc.). It's very hard to stop a male cat from wandering around and defending his territory, although I imagine it'd be whole lot worse it he wasn't fixed.

Hilda on the other hand doesn't seem to wander any further from home than the adjoining neighbours yards.

Is he neutered?