The Post Your Pets Thread

this depends on the owner MASSIVELY...ours is quite behaved, if a bit over enthusiastic everytime he sees one of those evil cats in our street

Bad enough... My neighbour has a little dog, who is fairly quiet, for little dog standards, but she is always picking a fight on our cats (who could take her out easy if they tried), whereas our old neighbour before we moved, had an awesome big dog (beagle I think, not good with races) who would always come over and play with the cats. I shall post a pic of the two of them later today.

EDIT: Here's the pic, sorry for the crap quality, it's a photo of a photo, but you get the gist.... now THIS is what I call a cool dog, our old neighbour's dog chilling with our old cat:

dogcat.jpg

Last edited:
lol, my late dog was scared of cats because one time when we stopped to visit some old friends (ok, my parents' friends, to be specific) while heading to visit the ole grandparents in BC. They had a territorial male cat. The cat alone seemed fine, but I guess he just was always the only animal and didn't like the thought of another animal moving in. Yada yada yada, my dog just wanted to say hi and hang out with this other furry little creature, but the cat had other plans. *pounce* Then for the rest of the time we were there our dog wouldn't leave us alone because if he did he'd get ambushed by the evil cat. Then after that he was always scared of cats... well he'd run up to a cat and sniff it and then he'd realize it was a cat and run away.

Stupid cats, they're all pure evil under that "cute" face.

Stupid cats, they're all pure evil under that "cute" face.

Evil? No, they are, as I call them, "God's little predator". Pound for pound felines are by far the most viscous mammal on the planet. But I cannot say evil; just cunning like a hunter should be.

Stupid is the dog who has to go sniff a cat to verify one as such. :p

^^^ looks like a lab, definitely not a beagle

And to be fair, friendly black fluffy cats would look like a fluffy black fluffy black thing to a dog's fail eyesight. :p

No, it's not a lab, those are some of the only dogs I actually would know. It's a bit hard to recognize in the pic, but having seen it in person, not a lab.

Actually, I think it wasn't beagle I was trying to say, but basset. Well, actually half basset. The dog's mother was a basset (also lived with the same owners), but not sure what the father was.

EDIT: Here's my cat trying to keep me from studying:

DSCF2319.jpg

Last edited:
My cats do that, they know you want to do better things than study, as I see it!

Some of you have seen a couple of pics of him before; here's my little furry friend Benjamin, who takes my weird in-house projects in stride and attacks solicitors:

HPIM0188.jpg

IM003388.jpg

IM001529.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IM001505.jpg

He's been used in some "forum-purposed" images created by myself and others:

NotThis_Ben_sm.jpg

IM001942.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/06/20/mechanickitty.jpg

He's a great cat. :D

Some of you have seen a couple of pics of him before; here's my little furry friend Benjamin, who takes my weird in-house projects in stride and attacks solicitors:

IM003388.jpg

He's a great cat. :D

I lol'ed!

This one is my absolute favorite. We picked him up as a stray years ago and never really got around to naming him so his temporary name of Little Kitten stuck. He's quite outgoing and lets you know when something's on his mind. Most of the time he could be found following me from room to room.
http://img186.imageshack.**/img186/5458/picture097kb0.jpg

This is Roscoe or as we more often call him, Cow Dog. He's a mix between a beagle and a Jack Russel so he is always bouncing off the walls. He does some pretty funny stuff and as you can see the he's quite happy with inexpensive chew toys.
http://img21.imageshack.**/img21/6850/picture093ju5.jpg

Roscoe trying to play but the fat one isn't really in the mood.
http://img6.imageshack.**/img6/7435/picture058xu0.jpg

This is Stormy and we've had her from birth. She's always been a bit of a bully to the other animals and they all quickly learned not to mess with her. Other than that she mostly keeps to herself and seems to be crazy about me. She's getting on in years and sadly I think I've seen her for the last time now that I'm moved out. :cry:
http://img407.imageshack.**/img407/9853/afcarshow003ly9.jpg

Oh oh I wana show off my babies :)

My 14yr old cat, Zoe
zoe.jpg

My sister's cat (who now resides in Houston, TX), Lizzy who is a very wacky cat (5yrs) :lol:
lizmafia.jpg

Then we rescued a stray that was in extracted from the engine bay of a guy's car at my mom's work, Toby (4yrs)
tokibo.jpg

(yes thats me 3-4yrs ago)

Because he was a kitten and my sisters cat was fairly young, she acted like a mother to him, ie. washing him, cuddling him, playing together, etc.etc. Which was really funny because she looooves ear wax so he would oblige and just lie there letting her was his ears :lol:
tolisnug.jpg

Then my sister left with Lizzy, and since we had lost our dog 5 years ago, I got myself a Westie, Caylee (3yrs in September)!
tocabe.jpg

caylee.jpeg

Oh and because when Toby was a kitten I would constantly hold him against my chest, he is now a pervert/molester kitty. :)

Great pictures of your pets everybody, this thread is one of my favourites. :D
However, I am unable to have cats or dogs here, as I live in a top floor apartment;
the restriction is in the Lease for the property. :(

There?s a big communal garden with squirrels, magpies and other wildlife. :cool:

^Speaking of Magpies, a way to entertain yourself is to scatter small shiny objects around the garden and see how long it takes for them to discover them. I did it with crows.

For the cat people, Jethro Tulls "The Mouse Police":
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3GVbIT4UuU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
IM001505.jpg

that is super awesome! a car cat house/basket thing! DO WANT

Over the years I've had quite a few pets, but only 3 really permanent ones, the rest have been ones we've rescued and adopted and then gave up again or, in the case of my mom's new dog, we rescued and adopted him only recently.

First I'll start with my Teddy Bear.

AUT_7639.jpg

AUT_7640.jpg

AUT_7912.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

Or Ted, as we called him. We owned his mom and so we had him since he was born. He was a pitbull/something/something/something mix. He had a mohawk down his back. XD He was my dog, my buddy, everything. He passed away last May, he was nearly 14 years old. :cry: I really really miss my Ted, he was a great dog. He'd chase everything from cars to tennis balls, but he fucked off if you showed him a frisbee. XD He really was the greatest dog I've ever had.

Next there are our cats...

DSC00168.jpg

AUT_0005.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

This is Kilroy, our orange, 6 - toed kitty. Had him since he was born, too. He's about 4 or 5 years old. He's my kitty, I named him...after the Styx album Kilroy Was Here. :lol: He's my little fuzz ball. He likes attention, and he tends to drool when you pet him. He also has a funny-shaped pupil because he leaped out of my arms one day and hit his face on the picnic bench >< but he can still see, as far as we know...

DSC00172.jpg

AUT_0011.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

And this is our calico, Pita. Short for "Pain In The Ass". Because that is what she is. She's evil kitty; one day she'll be all cute and attention whoring, the next she'll try and claw your hand to death. We've had her since she was about a year or so old, she's like 6 or 7 years old now. My mom's friend used to have her, until mom fell in love with her and the rest is really history..mom wanted cat, mom got cat. The end.

Just for good measure, a random shot of kitties eating spaghetti.

DSC00579.jpg

Then there are the various other dogs and cats we've given home to briefly over the years we've lived here. There was a stray cat that wandered our way one day and my friend and I named it Billie Joe (yes, after Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day) and he was our outside cat for a while, but he liked to bring "presents" and leave them on the porch so he ended up going to the animal shelter because my mom couldn't take seeing dead things on her porch anymore. I only have one picture of Billie but I can't seem to find the original copy that I had, so all I have is this tiny re-sized one from my old photobucket.

BillieJoe.jpg

Then there was a little black puppy that we took in for a while. We named him Jack (Well, I named him Jack, after Jack from Will & Grace. XD). We ended up giving him away because at the time we still had Ted, who was getting on in years, and it was getting harder to take care of an old, sick dog and put up with a little crazy ass puppy at the same time. Jack liked to tear up everything on the porch, as well, and mom got tired of cleaning up all the bits of garbage he destroyed.

AUT_4315.jpg

AUT_4305.jpg

AUT_4303.jpg

AUT_4309.jpg

That was the first day mom brought him home. I went and took pictures of him right away because he was just so adorable. :)

Then there's Leroy, the Border Collie I adopted last summer. Well, he was mine, until mom and I both agreed it would be better if we gave him to some of her friends who are capable of spoiling him completely rotten which I couldn't do because I got so busy after summer ended. He's back right now, though, because his new family are going on a vacation in Hawaii for ten days so we're taking care of him.

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Last but not least (unless you're talking height-wise) there's my mom's dog...Oscar.

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

We adopted him from his previous home with an elderly man shortly before Ted died. He's a cool dog, he speaks but only when there's food involved...heh. :lol: I'm just not as fond of small dogs as I am of Ted and Leroy-sized dogs. I really really really want a Siberian Husky...but my aunt breeds, trains, and shows them, so I can just go visit her if I want to play with some Huskies. :)

And just because she is awesome, I have to include my neighbor's cat Cleo.

DSC00323.jpg

I love Cleo. She absolutely loves attention, loves to lay on your lap and be petted, and she will actually get upset if you try to remove her - this is very different from my cats who will put up a fight if you try to give them extreme love. That's why I love Cleo, she doesn't mind it and she's happy being a lap-warmer. :)

So those are my animals...well, at least, the ones I have pictures of. There's been others over the years as well but too many for me to remember...XD

Last edited:
Speaking of stray cats who wander into the house.... we gave him/her to the shelter after a few days, but sooo cute:

h.jpg

whi.jpg