The Post Your Pets Thread

Simon died many years ago. I had him first, but he only lived about 3 years after I got him. He was the only tankmate Garfunkel ever tolerated; Garfunkel ate all the rest.

Simon died many years ago. I had him first, but he only lived about 3 years after I got him. He was the only tankmate Garfunkel ever tolerated; Garfunkel ate all the rest.

:comfort: for Simon, thought so.

& :lol: "tankmate"

Benjamin's seasonal greetings. He really loves his tree. :D

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

It's not big enough for him to climb in though :(

This is roughly two years ago and Caylee (dog) was trying to get Toby (cat) who climbed in to the fake tree.

t_tree02.jpg

Thought of that, but in the past having a tree that's big enough for a cat his size to climb in results in a knocked over tree. He's huge as cats go.

Yea I remember you saying he's on the large side of cats, but come on. You should be able to devise a system where the tree won't collapse on itself from him!

That's not the problem. The problem is when he gets up to the top of the tree, then launches off it to leap somewhere else.

Over goes the tree. :p

Benjamin's seasonal greetings. He really loves his tree. :D

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

:lol: "Jaguar Parking Only"

How many cats do you have (not including cars :p)? I'm counting two so far.

Last edited:
:lol: "Jaguar Parking Only"

How many cats do you have (not including cars :p)? I'm counting two so far.

I only have the one furry cat. The other one is a neighbor cat that comes to visit (the orange one named Bobby.)

My felidae

liily and kitt. Kitt's the large older cat.
I think these pics turned out ok from my cell phone eh?

Attachments

• SSPX0026.jpg
    SSPX0026.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 61
  • SSPX0039.jpg
    SSPX0039.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 64
Tigger, the laziest cat in the world.

http://img63.imageshack.**/img63/1171/dsc00247pl.jpg http://img63.imageshack.**/img63/dsc00247pl.jpg/1/w1024.png

This is Desi. She occasionally forgets that her tongue lives inside her mouth.

4224879748_4688b98efc.jpg

To be fair, she can be very pretty.

4224111283_c55a97af29.jpg

Oh my, Desi is very pretty. What an adorable kitty!

And Tigger is, um, round? :) Chubby kitty is lovely too.

Oh my, Desi is very pretty. What an adorable kitty!

Thank you! We're pretty fond of her.

And Tigger is, um, round? :) Chubby kitty is lovely too.

Don't knock the round cats! I do love a good fat cat.

I just remembered this video I took several months ago. Desi hates sneezes. We first discovered this when I had a cold. Now we fake sneezes at least once or twice a day, just to get her to react.

You'll need to turn the volume up to hear her--it's a crappy video shot, I think, with my husband's phone--but turn it down a bit at about 0:06, when I emit a very unladylike snort and a short burst of giggles because, well, I wasn't kidding when I said she forgets that her tongue is supposed to be in her mouth.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgl9WMveQQk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Oh that's a funny video. As you can see in my avatar my cat also has the forgetful tongue. I am always reminding him to put it away. He doesn't meow when I sneeze though. He runs away at top speed and hides under my bed. Whoops.

Oh that's a funny video. As you can see in my avatar my cat also has the forgetful tongue. I am always reminding him to put it away. He doesn't meow when I sneeze though. He runs away at top speed and hides under my bed. Whoops.

Yup, I noticed. I smile every time I see it in a thread. :)

Once my ex-boyfriend and I ate some . . . brownies. Too late we realized that the cat--not Desi; this was years and years ago--had managed to lick up a tiny crumb. (Yes, I feel awful about that, and yes, I stayed up well past my bedtime to keep a very close eye on her, and yes, I recruited a friend who had eaten no brownies to be on hand in case she needed to be rushed to the vet. I cringe every time I think about it. Please no flame.) She fell asleep with a good 3/4" of tongue hanging out, and he and I spent like 20 minutes playing with it. She was a good sport when it finally woke her up. MAN that was funny.

If Desi's in another room when one of us sneezes, she comes flying out to us, meowing the whole way as if to say, "Don't explode! I'm on my way! It's going to be all right!" It's the cutest thing. Such a considerate girl.

This is Dax. She's not ours; we're watching her while her person is out of town. Here, Dax is curled up with me on the couch, resting her chin on my leg.

4234085918_f419730d5e.jpg

This is Dax's OMGWALK! face. She's excited about the walk, but not yet excited enough to drop the purple platypus she'd been carrying around all evening.

4233282185_24a9e871c1.jpg

Desi doesn't mind Dax one bit. At the moment, she's draped herself over the 2-inch-wide armrests on my computer chair and is trying with all her might to attack her own tail.

Dax is gorgeous! :happy:. Nice to hear that Desi isn't put out about the visitor, too.

My father and stepmum looked after a big ginger cat for their neighbours for a few weeks last year, and although their dog got on okay with it (she's grown up with cats, after all) their cat was so pissed off that if he came into the same room as her she'd arch her back and hiss, spit and yowl until he ran away. Funny thing is, he was such a gentle, inoffensive older male cat and he kept looking at us as if he was saying 'OMG, what is her problem?'. :lol:

Last edited: